Hacking M3 Lite boot in GBA mode?

Pook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so now I have a R4 I only intend to use my M3 Lite to boot GBA & Reto roms.

My question is can you make the M3 boot direct to GBA mode when you use the R4 as a passme as opposed to NDS mode. I know it's a simple hitting start to do this anyway but it would be nice to jump directly in.

Popk

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(doesn't have and R4 so I may be wrong)

But i read somewhere you have to use passcard files to boot nds games. but what if you took those files off. and boot up regular. and just select the gba cartridge.

Pook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(doesn't have and R4 so I may be wrong)

But i read somewhere you have to use passcard files to boot nds games. but what if you took those files off. and boot up regular. and just select the gba cartridge.

If i remove the R4 and boot up then yes it goes direct to GBA mode, but I'd like to be able to to touch the 3rd icon in R4s gui and boot slot 2 direct in GBA mode. Surely I'm not the only fussy git who wants to avoid unessessary menus.

Pook

Pook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe someone actually made a homebrew file for your exact problem. I can't remember what it's called, but I saw it within these forums.

A bit of google came up with: http://www.cryptosystem.org/archives/2007/...-mode-switcher/

Now this is more like it, appears as a game in the NDS list and jumps direct to GBA mode when selected, brilliant thanks for that
smile.gif

Now if only the R4 team wrote that into their firmware for the passme activation.

Pook

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe someone actually made a homebrew file for your exact problem. I can't remember what it's called, but I saw it within these forums.

A bit of google came up with: http://www.cryptosystem.org/archives/2007/...-mode-switcher/

Now this is more like it, appears as a game in the NDS list and jumps direct to GBA mode when selected, brilliant thanks for that
smile.gif

Now if only the R4 team wrote that into their firmware for the passme activation.

Pook
I renamed gbaswitch.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds and I'm now able to quickly activate it using R4's middle menu button.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi