Hacking m3 lite and a bigger microsd card.

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what size and brand is the largest/best microsd card I can get for my gba sp's m3 lite? I want to make sure it is a decent quality microsd card... do not want any lagging or crashes. thank you guys!
gbasp.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2GB is the largest size card you can run games from. They added SDHC support, but only for playing media files.

I don't think the speed of the card really matters for GBA games. GBA games can't be run directly from the memory card, so they are copied to the M3's RAM and run from there.

I use a Kingston 2GB microSD card and I've never had a problem with it.

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
2GB is the largest size card you can run games from. They added SDHC support, but only for playing media files.

I don't think the speed of the card really matters for GBA games. GBA games can't be run directly from the memory card, so they are copied to the M3's RAM and run from there.

I use a Kingston 2GB microSD card and I've never had a problem with it.
awesome thanx for the info!

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the Kingston 2GB MicroSd as well and highly recommend it even though i have to leave the micro to minisd adapter permanently in my EZ4

I Also have a 1GB sandisk wich was my first sd card for my cart and it works perfectly for the job

But don't go with sandisk if above 1GB formating problems turns a 2gb to 1gb (and if you format a sandisk 2gb it void's the warranty )

Spec's from 32MB Benchmark (using USB 1.1)

Kingston 2GB
Random Access: 1.1ms
CPU utilzation: 24% [+/- 2%]
Average Read: 16.4 MB/s

SanDisk 1GB
Random Access: 1.2ms
CPU utilzation: 18% [+/- 2%]
Average Read: 9.9 MB/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users