M3 Gba Extension pack

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Smellie, May 3, 2010.

1. Smellie
    OP

Smellie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    I have M3 Real with gba extension pack, but i don't like the m3. I don't like the software that comes with the card. So, i tried Sakura which is an improvement. But, none of the Mario games work! So my question is: 1) is there another card/software that can be combined with my gba extension? 2) is there a tool to convert my games so they will work with Sakura? In this case I can still use my M3.

2. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I use the M3 GBA Expansion with my CycloDS, so yeah it will work with other carts. You need to use GBA ExpLoader to load the ROM to the slot-2, but it works great. I prefer the M3 GBA pack over the 3in1 due to the real-time-clock in the M3. It's a lot more useful than rumble.

3. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    Just be aware that things like cheats or RTS are unlikely to work with non-M3 Slot-1 hardware.

4. Smellie
    OP

Smellie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    So, I download the Gba Exploader and install it on my sd card? (i use ak 2i with akaio at the moment). Do i have to do anything to get the games started or will they load automatically? (i did search but could'n find a manual, sorry)

5. Smellie
    OP

Smellie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    I finally did find some kind of instructions on the internet. One says I need to use moonshell2 and the other one doesn't. They also use different files. Now i'm really really confused. Which files do I need and where do I put them?

6. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    skip the moonshell version. it is a port of 0.58b.

Instructions for using gba exploader are on the bottom screen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice