M3 Gba Extension pack

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Smellie, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010

M3 Gba Extension pack by Smellie at 8:45 AM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Smellie
    OP

Newcomer Smellie Member

Netherlands
    I have M3 Real with gba extension pack, but i don't like the m3. I don't like the software that comes with the card. So, i tried Sakura which is an improvement. But, none of the Mario games work! So my question is: 1) is there another card/software that can be combined with my gba extension? 2) is there a tool to convert my games so they will work with Sakura? In this case I can still use my M3.

2. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I use the M3 GBA Expansion with my CycloDS, so yeah it will work with other carts. You need to use GBA ExpLoader to load the ROM to the slot-2, but it works great. I prefer the M3 GBA pack over the 3in1 due to the real-time-clock in the M3. It's a lot more useful than rumble.

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Just be aware that things like cheats or RTS are unlikely to work with non-M3 Slot-1 hardware.

4. Smellie
    OP

Newcomer Smellie Member

Netherlands
    So, I download the Gba Exploader and install it on my sd card? (i use ak 2i with akaio at the moment). Do i have to do anything to get the games started or will they load automatically? (i did search but could'n find a manual, sorry)

5. Smellie
    OP

Newcomer Smellie Member

Netherlands
    I finally did find some kind of instructions on the internet. One says I need to use moonshell2 and the other one doesn't. They also use different files. Now i'm really really confused. Which files do I need and where do I put them?

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    skip the moonshell version. it is a port of 0.58b.

Instructions for using gba exploader are on the bottom screen.