Hacking M3 GBA Expansion Quality?

skyman113

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been considering getting a Slot-2 expansion ever since I got my Cart, so I was just wondering if this was a good deal.
http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...#detailed_image
It is the M3 GBA Pack, and it also comes with the GBA size case, which is essential due to me having a DS Phat.
So, a couple of questions
1. Is this slot-2 equal in quality to the EZ Flash 3-in-1?
2. Is the case changing simple, or does it require you to be the surgeon general?

I know you can get the 3-in-1 cheaper, but the lowest price I can find the GBA would be $27, where as this is only $25.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, quality of this expansion is fairly good....It's nothing exceptional, but I think it serves it's purpose!!
If you already own M3 Real, you should definitely get this cart as you'll get some extra features that only M3 GBA expansion has (like RealTimeSave for GBA games and GBA cheats!)

Changing housing is as hard as unscrewing one screw and moving a bit plastic..that's it...no skills needed!

Moved to appropriate section..

skyman113

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this expansion work on something other than an M3, such as an R4 running YSMenu? Reason I ask is because YSMenu apparently can run .gba files as long as their is a slot 2 card, so I thought this would work good.

skyman113

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to hear
smile.gif

skyman113

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me about consolesource? They are on the list of un-approved sites to not buy from, but what is the reason?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Be careful though not to over-tighten the screw, I have found out that the thread in the plastic is easily stripped the hard way.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
skyman747 said:
Can anyone tell me about consolesource? They are on the list of un-approved sites to not buy from, but what is the reason?
They can be very good, put they proven unreliable several times, as they list stuff as "in stock" while they're sold out, so customers end up waiting much longer than it is supposed to..
Besides, there were few other problems, but nothing too serious...they are not full-scam site..

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real Hot Stuff has the GBA size 3-in-1 for $23.50, if you were interested in that. http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html

I don't know which Slot-1 you have, but unless you're going to be playing different 256 Mbit/32 MB games all the time, you might be better off with the 3-in-1. ExpLoader will work just fine with both the M3 GBA and EZV 3-in-1, but I haven't seen a flashcart OS that natively supports the M3 GBA yet, whereas I know OSes like AKAIO for the Acekard series should work with the 3-in-1 natively. If you have an M3 Real, then by science, get the M3 expansion! Native OS support and real time save for GBA games is a great feature that's worth passing over the 3-in-1 for.

Of course, if you also wanted to have a device capable of being played in actual GBA mode, the EZV 3-in-1 is probably better because of the NOR flash memory option vs. the M3 GBA being RAM only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1