M3 GBA Expansion Pack stopped working

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by JDP, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010
  1. JDP
    OP

    Newcomer JDP Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Country:
    Canada
    Up until recently, I have been happily using an M3 GBA Expansion Pack with my M3i Zero Sakura. Everything was working correctly such as saves and whatnot. One day I tried to play a gba game, and it just wouldn't load, as if the GEP wasn't inserted at all. I confirmed that it still says that a DS Option Pak is inserted, so I know it probably isn't faulty, and I have left it in to charge for several days, but it still fails to load games. DS games still work fine, so I know it isn't the card. I've read that it's possible it to stop working if the battery had completely died, but I'm not sure about that. I've tried loading games that I knew were at one point working, so I know it isn't the games themselves. I have the newest Sakura firmware; it could be possible that there's a bug in the new firmware causing this; could someone here confirm that their GEP is working with the newest firmware? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. The help I've gotten from M3Adapter has been pretty useless. Thanks.
     
  2. how_do_i_do_that

    Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,802
    Country:
    Antarctica
    If your using the latest version of Sakura, it has been determined that it doesn't do GBA games anymore. Best thing to do at the moment is to roll back to a previous version of the firmware.

    See sig for definition, it is not called a GEB but GEP.



    If you had it for more than 3 years, your battery might be dead on the GEP.
     
  3. JDP
    OP

    Newcomer JDP Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Country:
    Canada
    That explains it then. I am running the latest version of Sakura, and that's when it stopped working. Thanks.

    I meant GEP; the B was a typo which I for some reason made multiple times, and is now fixed.
     

Share This Page