M3 gameboy advance sp

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by RODIFIRE, May 3, 2011.

May 3, 2011

M3 gameboy advance sp by RODIFIRE at 10:14 PM (1,521 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. RODIFIRE
    OP

Member RODIFIRE GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hi
    I have a M3 for my gameboy SP I dont know what the card name is but is not the ds lite style
    and I am playing in SP pokemon fire red
    somehow the save was notloger be there and after that when I try by menu ingame (R+L+A+B) to load back up when I try to play it again layter was give me only white screen the firered the other games was playing normal and I find other back up rom game and I replace it and now I can go in menu ingame it play normal with out can run menu to save or load and when I run the game when try to load its say: "the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. and start new game even if I try to save gives me "save error"

please help I dont want to lose my save I have playing so much time and have done so much who can help me and say me how to fix

sorry for my English

2. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I`m not an expert, but I`ll take a wild guess and say that the battery ran out. the saves are stored on the batterie of the m3, and if the battery dies, you cant save anymore. can you try saving with other games ?

3. RODIFIRE
    OP

Greece
    yup pokemon ruby save is normal like alwase and was remeber my old save too
    and the menu ingame works fine
    so is not that [​IMG] but thanks for the help [​IMG]
    any other way to fix it and dont louse my save please?

4. RODIFIRE
    OP

Greece
    I see that it say
    "save error Please exchange the backup memory"

why is saying that? and only in this game

5. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    From my limited knowledge with this I think the card is trying to use the wrong save format. Are you able to set the save type? Because I recall from my Pokemon hacking days that Fire Red and Leaf Green use a Flash 128k save type. If you can't do this, then first try a new ROM, and then as a last ditch effort, see if there exists a save patch for the ROM to correct your problem.

6. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I am already trying to help him. he cant change the save type. he needs a patched rom, but the only patches are for jp and us roms, not for europe roms :S

7. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    In that case, why not just use a U ROM? If he can't save anyway, it's not like starting over would be an issue.

8. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The M3 adapter has a limited number of saves that can be on the sd card at one time (I think it's like 200). Anything after the limit doesn't get saved.

9. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Not recommended.
    This makes it so the game "uses" 64kb save files, but the save file WILL get corrupted after the Elite Four.

10. RODIFIRE
    OP

Greece
    I was playing perfectly and after I play zelda fourswords (the gamecube game)
    and when I start it I see there was no save (have happent again) and I was going to menu ingame and load the backup save and load it from where I was last time (battle filed every where) and I done same think now and was ok and a little time later a crash happent dont get how and the game frozed I close and power up it and the firered cant be played all others was ok like always and when I get other rom I had this problem (the same problem have and in virtual boy advance emulator for pc is the rom not good?

I am almost sure there something have saving wrong or somethink to my card and thats why this is the only games problem (and is not over 200games cause I dont have much and cause I was able to save till this)
    or is a problem of my new rom but why my old was white screen again?