M3/G6 DS REAL kernel is out

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ahtin, Oct 12, 2007.

Oct 12, 2007

M3/G6 DS REAL kernel is out by ahtin at 11:35 AM (4,755 Views / 1 Likes) 26 replies

1. ahtin
    OP

Member ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    1 person likes this.

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    wait, why does m3 and g6 share a firmware? arent they different cards?

3. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i think these are the M3 Real and G6 Real updates not M3 simply...
    Check out what's new

4. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Thanks I will try it in a moment.

EDIT: Version 2.41 X
    - Softreset fixed for Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    - New menu style, with animated icons when selected
    - Spiderman friend or foe now works perfectly
    - Added gba icon in the menu. (here you can start gba games with expansion in slot2)

When i will see more changes i will say you.

5. EmeraldEx

Member EmeraldEx GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    It adds a GBA thing in the main menu...

6. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This update is indeed for G6Real and M3Real.

G6 Lite and M3 Simply will require a different update.

7. Haruspex

Member Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    M3 DS Real & G6DS Real uses the same firmware that's a really good thing. I am going to try it later to see the changes. Lol i didn't touched my G6DS Real for a long time, sitting in the blue protection case.

8. trancegemini

Newcomer trancegemini Advanced Member

United States
    Anyone check out the download play with this new update? The review of the m3 real said it had great downoload play support and used the same kernal as the g6 so im guessing download play is now fixed in the g6 ds? I dont have anyone to test it with myself.

9. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    what kind of files are the new animated icons?

so now G6 skins will work on the M3 too... interesting... [​IMG]

10. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I'm assuming this is beta since its not on handheldsources?

11. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    does anyone know how I can extract the default skin so I can take a look at the files? I already tried using gif for the icons and they don't work.

12. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Hmm can anybody confirm that Download Play is fixed (there should a DLPLAY button on games which support it? Yoshi Touch and Go should be one of them. Rapidshare is being a bitch right now

EDIT: GAH I wish they got rid of the icon thing, and allowed an alternate firmware that leads you straight to the menu (like firmwaer

13. vdu

Newcomer vdu Newbie

Italy

Where did u get that ?
    I tried Zelda and soft reset didn't work. I give it only a shot, and went back to 2.2

14. trancegemini

Newcomer trancegemini Advanced Member

United States
    It looks like this update does not add any fixes for games:( . Maybe if some games now work it is due to the fact the m3 real in stores comes with a a updated firmware say like 2.4 and this is just to add more features to it. So even though there are no fixes for games in this firmware it could have already been done in a past firmware that was never put out except for sale with the m3 real. It is really sad zelda is not fixed yet as it is such a important game the soft reset should have been fixed by now. Here is the change log

Note: G6/M3DS Real products kernel V2.41 X, limited Chinese version G6DS Real and M3DS Real use.

1. Improvement projects:
    1. Game system supports UNICODE Coding Manual of Style Chinese, Japanese characters display;
    2. The functional changes in the ranking icon location, and further user-friendly;
    3. GBA games formal support SLOT-2 interface card products Perfect M3 film series and Real series dedicated GBA games expansion accessories (GBA Expansion Pack);
    4. GBA games immediate increase archiving functions (GBA games each on a group of real-time archiving)
    * Immediate filing of the temporary use only game, and not saved to SD card, in the end GBA games ago, please confirm whether or not the game itself in the position of filing complete archiving function, G6DS Real and M3DS Real GBA games only preserve the hardware archiving to microSD card.
    5. GBA games M3 Game Manager Goldfinger support incidental *. cht Goldfinger documents can be loaded manually choose;
    6. Chinese name automatically support to the 1500 show that the control of DS games ROM.

Escalation:
    First Update for Download
    download the latest version of the system files, extract the post after downloading documents.
    The second step installation of a new core document
    Please "SYSTEM" folder together with all internal information copied to the root directory microSD cards can be completed under the core system installed.
    Note: If the selection of decompression "extract to a folder", may lead to extract more of a document directory path, you must recognize "SYSTEM" folder is the path within the first tier of all documents required, or else they would lead to G6DS Real and M3DS Real could not find a line EC document.

Other:
    "Skin1" "skin2" M3DS Real, and so is the theme of the skin where the program folder, subject only to the document examples of the use of external skin, and does not involve any commercial purposes. The pictures skin patterns and design the right to ownership of their respective owners.

"FONT" folder 2942 is the use of external storage, the default circumstances within the folder not install any fonts, font from the CD-ROM accompanying the document font choices hope for installation. Detailed information can be used in the CD-ROM fonts installed on the product description or incidental reference to the "Handbook use multimedia extensions" on page 16 of "plug installed 2942," the detailed description. More fonts can be downloaded from the area of this site to download.

Please microSD card root directory under "NDS" folder CLEAN ROM replication within the DS games, microSD card in the root directory under "GBA" folder within the original copy of the GBA games ROM.
    * "NDS" folder and the "GBA" folder microSD card can be manually in the root directory creation;
    * All games ROM copy of their standards, please use the original version, does not require conversion or related software patches.

15. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Don't really understand the update but I was hoping for better download play [​IMG]

16. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I hope this means that it automatically sorts by name now.. it was pretty annoying using a separate program for it

17. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Can anyone say whether they have done the $5 "protect our retailers" language lock on these - again?

18. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yeah.. it'd be nice to buy the cheaper chinese one like on dx

19. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia

20. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes, this is also a very annoying bug. Is there an English link for this new firmware?

C'mon g6team, you have a good product there but let down by a couple of really silly issues. It's been 2 months since v2.3 where these 2 problems were introduced, surely they are easy to fix?