M3 DS Simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by qusai, Apr 3, 2007.

Apr 3, 2007

M3 DS Simply by qusai at 3:55 PM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. qusai
    OP

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi, I have recently bought myself a Nintendo DS and I am looking for a backup unit and found the M3 DS Simply to be the best for my needs. I use a macbook pro and I am worried that I may need to install stuff that won't be compatible on my mac. can anyone tell me if this is true or not? When I get a card reader will it work just as well on a mac as it would on a PC?

Thanks

2. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil
    I don't think you'll have any problem using M3 DS Simply on your Mac. Although the CD have PC only applications, you don't need them, the card reader use USB and it'll be behave as an external HD device. You have to drag'n'drop roms and Simply firmware correctly and you're done: free to play anywhere!

3. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    But perhaps it's better to get a R4 card instead, because it gets the software updates earlier than the M3 Simply (the cards are almost identical, although you cannot use each others software any more).

4. qusai
    OP

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm new to the whole nintendo DS scene so this is probably the noobiest question you've ever heard [​IMG] but do i need to get a modchip of some sort for the DS or can i use the m3 simply 'out of the box'?

5. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    M3 Simply and a microsd-card is all you need.

6. cheeo

Newcomer cheeo Advanced Member

United States
    There is absolutely no reason to ever get a M3 Simply. The makers of the R4 make both the R4 & Simply & allow M3 to slap there name on it. The Simply almost always costs more because of M3’s markup. And R4 software updates always come out 3 to 5 days before they convert them for the Simply. Even if they’re the same price your better off with the R4. I made the mistake of paying more for a Simply, don’t do it.

7. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Well see whose slot one is better when the M3 DS Real Comes Out.

8. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    The M3 Simply cart picture looks better though.

9. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You're rating the quality of a cart and it's company's support on its picture? jeez. The fucking cart is inside the ds..

qusai just get an R4 you won't regret it

m3 real..wow who cares. If you're into gba so much(no idea wtf the m3 real might offer other than gba) just get that ez5 slot 2 for $22US and in combination with a homebrew application = working on any slot1

10. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    I thought it was funny... that's basically the most visual information regarding the Real line of products.

11. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    I have R4, the main reason why I got it was no need for converting which was upseting me, uploading ROM to a server, connecting to remote desktop, converting it for a supercard, downloading back [​IMG]
    Simple. Even my grandma could do that - she know's how to drop files onto flashdrive and eject it afterwards [​IMG]

12. 666

Newcomer 666 Advanced Member

wow, what an enslaught of useless replies! I've got an M3 Simply that I use with a Mac running OSX, and it's fine, do it. The Simply & the R4 are the same, the M3 just doesn't update as frivolously, i'd rather 1 update for every 2 possible dodgy ones.