M3 DS Simply vs. Ds Xtreme

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by OneTake, Apr 23, 2007.

Apr 23, 2007

M3 DS Simply vs. Ds Xtreme by OneTake at 9:01 PM (931 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. OneTake
    OP

Newcomer OneTake Member

United States
    depending on the firmware support and longitivity, which would be better? i can't decide which i should get

2. KendiKong

Newcomer KendiKong Advanced Member

United States
  3. xnh02

Newcomer xnh02 Member

United States
    personally, i prefer the m3ds simply. its cheaper. the support is good and the memory is easily upgradeable. check out meritline.com for cheap microSD cards.

4. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    Buy a DS-X is you can afford it

5. celentt

Member celentt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    m3 Simply. cheap as chips and you can upgrade/replace your memory / keep your memory card if the card ever breaks

6. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    I think the R4.. although it's not the question here if you are comparing the M3 simply you should also include the R4 as they are the exact same product only the R4 get's the updates quicker.

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The time the updates come out hardly matter now. It was only announced officially an hour or two later.

8. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Still why would you pay 5 to 10 dollars more for the same product but get's the updates slower? thats just madness

9. thomaspajamas

Member thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As a DS-X owner, I must say that I am totally jealous of the R4 I got my girlfriend for christmas.

DS-X has never given me any problems, and I don't think I would sell mine to get an R4, but its just the little things that make it look awesome.

For instance, The R4 Starts up immediately after the initial Nintendo DS intro screen, bypassing the DS main menu. and the menus within the R4 are really fast. Whenever we turn our systems on at the same time, hers always gets to the game faster. Plus the DS-X is really slow while navigating through its menus, and has to re-search and load up all the games you have on it every time you start it up.

Which really doesn't matter, i mean its kind of annoying, but I guess thats just it, it doesnt matter. Pick whichever, but the R4/M3 are way cheaper than DS-X.

Oh and you can get back to R4 Menu without having to restart your DS which is really awesome.

So to answer your question, I would say R4/M3 over DS-X