Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

M3 DS Simply Review

Official GBATemp Review

Sorry for the delay, ladies and gentlemen, but we finally have the M3 DS Simply review online. We've seen a couple Slot-1 flash cards that are just shy of greatness. Others are nothing to write home about. The powers behind the M3 comes out swinging with the all-new M3 DS Simply, their first slot-1 flash card. After arguably dominating the slot-2 marketplace with its high compatibility, skinning support and more, can it continue its dominance upon the flash card marketplace, or is it time for them to throw in the towel? Are you out of your damn mind? Read on for a thorough scope into quite possibly the best slot-1 flash card that anyone could own!

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
fli_guy84 Posted Today, 09:09 PM
 Can anyone confirm that the new batch of M3 doesn't include the black cart shell?
I can confirm that it DID come with the black/grey cart, but not the white cart. I recieved the batch as of Feb 03, 2007. It came with a black cart, black card reader, a blue wrist strap, and the blue game case, and of course the cd.

hope that helps.
smile.gif

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you can get one or the other... You have to specify it when you order, if you CAN specify, that is :/

I'm guessing some sites/retailers only have one or the other, and don't carry both colours XD

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good review.
However it would have been much easier if both m3 simply and r4ds were reviewed together(since they both got the same rating).
I am probably sure that there might have been some logical reasoning behind them both getting reviewed separately.
unsure.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Good review. I just got finished reviewing this as well.
I have to note though that the unit I received was from KickTrading and the SD card reader was a small, blue plastic one that doesn't overheat at all.
I'm wondering what packaging yours came in for review?

I don't want to do link-whoring, but if you go to the "homepage" listed in my profile, you can find shots of the box I received or the M3 Simply.

I'm wondering if the box determines the SD reader.

Also, Sandisk 512MB MicroSD works with Portrait of Ruin just fine. Many report the 1.02 firmware fixed a lot of problems with that game.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good review.
However it would have been much easier if both m3 simply and r4ds were reviewed together(since they both got the same rating).
I am probably sure that there might have been some logical reasoning behind them both getting reviewed separately.
unsure.gif

There is indeed a logical explanation. Each company sent various staff samples. The conditions of receiving said samples is to provide a review of each one, even in this case of M3DSS and R4DS essentially being the same product. Otherwise, we run the risk of offending the companies, and they can choose to cease sending future samples for review.

Also, Sandisk 512MB MicroSD works with Portrait of Ruin just fine.  Many report the 1.02 firmware fixed a lot of problems with that game.
Just out of curiosity, how is your Sandisk formatted? I'd like to test that again with my Sandisk 512MB (last test with the game was with 1.02 beta I believe). Also, how far into the game are you? I could get to the Egyptian painting area before freezing would occur with the Kingston. I own the game, so it's all gravy to me.
nyanya.gif

peter_porker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got two of those blue usb readers with my m3dss and get bad data when i use it. I do like the keychain bonus
smile.gif
I attach it to my psp and store mem sticks in it.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good work theSpade, I'm enjoyin the simply as well. Well done product from r4/m3 team..basically tells us pretty much this is the last flashcart I'll need for the DS...unless somethin drastic happens I guess. But this is a good informative write-up.

Havoc114

Trophies
XP
Country
Good review.

I got a translucent blue USB Micro-SD card reader with my M3 Simply, got it late January but ordered it mid Jan. It reads and writes fine in the 2 weeks I've used it. Sandisk Micro-SD 2GB formatted FAT16 64K (PoR freezes on teleport everything else perfect) My packaging was a plastic shell packaging that was resealable not a box. Came with both plastic shells for the M3 Simply too.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good review.
unsure.gif

There is indeed a logical explanation. Each company sent various staff samples. The conditions of receiving said samples is to provide a review of each one, even in this case of M3DSS and R4DS essentially being the same product. Otherwise, we run the risk of offending the companies, and they can choose to cease sending future samples for review.

Also, Sandisk 512MB MicroSD works with Portrait of Ruin just fine.  Many report the 1.02 firmware fixed a lot of problems with that game.
Just out of curiosity, how is your Sandisk formatted? I'd like to test that again with my Sandisk 512MB (last test with the game was with 1.02 beta I believe). Also, how far into the game are you? I could get to the Egyptian painting area before freezing would occur with the Kingston. I own the game, so it's all gravy to me.
nyanya.gif

Presuming the Homebrew review you gave is in more recent DLDI development than shaunj's R4 review, is the brightness and soft reset limited to the M3 or are those functions possible in a future R4 update?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, how is your Sandisk formatted? I'd like to test that again with my Sandisk 512MB (last test with the game was with 1.02 beta I believe). Also, how far into the game are you? I could get to the Egyptian painting area before freezing would occur with the Kingston. I own the game, so it's all gravy to me.Â
nyanya.gif

I formatted in FAT32.
I'm not super far into the game (first portrait, floating blue head/big metal armor boss guy), but I've warped a over and over and gone in and out of menus countless times (which seems to be the best way to initiate a freeze).

The compatibility wiki has been updated as well to reflect 1.02 changes.
http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/M3_DS_Si...patibility_list

At 1.02b all Sandisks were listed with "freezes". Now they're green. (I didn't change it, so someone else may be noticing compatibility increases).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol