M3 DS Simply/Real & G6 News

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TheSpade, Jan 24, 2007.

Jan 24, 2007

M3 DS Simply/Real & G6 News by TheSpade at 6:32 AM (7,537 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. TheSpade
    OP

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

M3 DS Simply/Real & G6 News

Yes, I still post news!

Many thanks to Danny at Team G6/M3 for the following news:

· More commercial changes are forthcoming to the M3 DS Simply. Due to a reported shortage, all future retail packaging will include only one color casing from now on. There is no word on if this is permanent or will also affect R4 and the upcoming G6 DS. Each color of white and dark grey will continue to be available. Future buyers will have to make a choice in advance, unlike the lucky buyers of the first batch.

· Retail production of the G6 DS 8GBit and 16GBit should be ready within a month and will find its way into stores shortly thereafter. G6 DS pricing is still to be announced, although Danny has stated that it will not be expensive.

· The team still intends on releasing the G6 Lite 8GBit, but it remains a possible candidate for cancellation.

· At the present time, M3Adapter.com's e-mail service is experiencing technical difficulties as well as a backlog of unanswered mail. If you have attempted to contact the team for any reason, you may wish to attempt again a week later. Of course, if you have any minor questions about their products, then you may always feel free to ask them here in our forums...and you should!

· My personal M3 DS Simply / R4 skins have been mentioned over at M3's News Section. They are available (and hosted thanks to shaunj66 and company) here at GBATemp. More skins will be forthcoming of course.

· Finally, to address the constant discussions involving M3 DS Real, Danny has confirmed that the team is currently developing a 32MB/256Mbit memory expansion cart that inserts into the Slot-2 bay of the DS. However, the mention of this accessory stems from a work-in-progress period. Until the final design and feature list is publically announced by Team G6/M3, please remember that this expansion cart is not guarenteed to become an official part of the M3 DS Real retail package.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    im sure people wont mind if they are cutting the waiting times down :-p "ITS NICE"

3. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    G6 DS!!!!!!! Cheap!!!! 8Gb!!!!!! 16Gb... whoa. does it get better?

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
  5. TheSpade
    OP

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "Not expensive" and "cheap" are 2 different things. There are still plenty of questions presently unanswered about G6 DS, but we will all learn them very soon.

6. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    anybody wants to buy replacement shell [​IMG]

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    [Edit]Gah ignore me, my maths sucks. *headmeetdesk*

8. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Maybe ds-xtreme should lower their price because this is getting better and more popular and more affordable than ds-xtreme. GEEZ!

9. bigboy85zz

Newcomer bigboy85zz Member

United States
    so...im guessing the G6 DS is a slot 1 device? if so. i guess i can stick with my g6 lite for now and wait a little longer and compare it to the others before buying.

10. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I wonder whats caused all the probs over there, I've not heard from any of the team in a while which is very strange.

11. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i think they want to fully test their product before selling it, that way they dont get a bad reputation [​IMG]

12. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Need...more...new...news...about...Real... D: (Like, I dunno, a RELEASE DATE. *twitch*)
    I hope the extension cart really does have the 32MB of ram to play GBA backups and for slot-1 homebrew that needed it *coughLemmingsDScough*, though I believe it will if the team says so (Why the development delays though? Couldn't they just take their RAM development from their M3s and use it for the expansion cart RAM?)
    It would be cool if there was about 64 MB of internal memory in the slot-1 card for those few things that need super-fast access (Of course, keeping the TF card slot for expansion, like the GP2X with its SD and internal memory) More internal memory would be even better, but you don't really need a lot because of TF expansion, and 64MB keeps the cost down.
    The expansion cart should have a built-in PDA thing as well... Like the one for the M3 and G6 that was never fully translated. >.>
    Also, if the expansion cart doesn't come in "normal" and "lite" versions (the different cart sizes obviously) on release, there's going to be a problem...
    [/ramble]

13. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    I still don't get what the M3 Real is. Is it the expansion cart (memory) or the successor of the M3 simply?
    Or is it the combination of both?

It's nice to hear about the G6 DS. Nice to hear that more solutions are becoming hassle free (N-card/clones & G6 DS).

14. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    Yep.

15. ChiGGz

Newcomer ChiGGz Member

Cambodia
    My thoughts exactly. What is it??

16. Skyhunterjim

Newcomer Skyhunterjim Advanced Member

Greece
    My special magic insider clairvoyant abilities strongly suggest it's definitely nothing more than a memory expansion.Or not...Basically, I'm clueless.And meanlessly mumbling about.So, let's just stop here...or maybe...here.Yep.Seriously,I 've nothing more to say.