M3 DS Simply & M3 Lite Advice?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Skye, Mar 30, 2007.

Mar 30, 2007

M3 DS Simply & M3 Lite Advice? by Skye at 1:31 AM (647 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Skye
    OP

Newcomer Skye Member

United States
    Hey all.

I'm wanting to play both DS and GBA ROMs on my DSlite. I have little to no interest in hombrew / emulation (apart from maybe SCUMM) as I've got it all on PSP anyway.

I've pretty much decided on buying the following:
    - M3 DS Simply (Unless someone can sway my opinion for one of the similar ones)
    - M3 Lite (what is the Passcard 3 for - do I need it?)
    - 2x SanDisk Ultra II 2GB microSD cards (one for M3S, one for M3L)

Does this sound alright? Is the M3 DS Simply the best one to get for my needs? Do I need a 'Passcard 3' with the M3 Lite - what's it for? Is the compatibility for the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB microSD cards 100% with the M3S?

Edit: Also, does anyone know the best place to buy these online in the UK? Divineo UK seems horrendously expensive!

Thanks everyone!! [​IMG]

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Sounds alright. If you can get the R4 DS cheaper, get that, since they're identical. M3 Simply's firmware is the same as R4's, but appears some days later.

You won't need a PassCard3 for the M3 Lite, your M3 Simply can act as one (to boot it in NDS mode). M3 Lite is an excellent choice for GBA and Opera RAM.

Sandisk Ultra II's are good, but pricey. Japanese Kingstons are highly popular and very good. They come cheap in the US, and currently DealExtreme is selling the 1GB Japanese models for 14 bucks including airmail shipping to anywhere in the world. I received one and they're genuine.

The 2GB Ultra II will work fine I think, except Castlevania PoR may crash. SuperCardShop is a good UK based online shop I think. Not sure if they carry all you want.

Good luck!

3. Skye
    OP

Newcomer Skye Member

United States
    Thanks, that's cleared a lot up for me. One more question though - if the 2GB Ultra II is not be compatible with PoR, can you think of a 2GB card that definately is compatible with it?

Thanks again!

4. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    No card is definately compatible with it... they're just more likely to run POR fine

So at the end of the day it's hit and miss but these cards with a higher chance of running POR are Kingston-JAP and Ultra2s

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    If you're using the M3 Lite for just GBA games, 2GB is overkill (although it already is for NDS, more so for GBA).