M3 DS Simply Help Please, "No DS Card Inserted"

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by imtekbistro, Feb 2, 2007.

1. imtekbistro
    OP

Newcomer imtekbistro Member

United States
    I just got my M3 Simply today and neither of my DS's will recognize it. I get the "No DS Card Inserted" message. I have copied the firmware files (DS_MENU, DS_MSHL and the moonshl folder) over to the main directory of a FAT formatted Sandisk 1GB microSD card with a ROM folder as well. I have cleaned the contacts to both my DS and the Simply of anything that could have been there and have blown out the DS a few times. Every regular DS game i have works fine. Also, my DS is not flashed. Does anyone have any suggestions or should i just try and return it. Thanks in advance.

2. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I recommend that you return it, but that is too simple of an answer! Let's troubleshoot first...

If you can, post specific details about your DS: like what year you got it, what modifications have you done, ds phat or ds lite, japan or american release, what original carts do you have, what are you using to read the microsd, and anything that you may believe may help us out...

Make sure you got the .dat file in there too. Start out with the software from the CD, and then update when you get it to work properly. Make sure these files are in the root directory (in other words, the microsd's "main" directory).

Also tell me what message you get when you insert your M3 without a microsd! It should tell you that you're missing TF card (not verbatim). I got an M3 simply myself, and I have had no problems at all.

3. imtekbistro
    OP

United States
    OK, I have 2 fat DS's. One is a american first gen silver, the other is the american blue one that got released like a year later. Neither will recognize the M3 Simply with or without the microSD and the _DS_MENU.dat file is on there in the root. And currently the firmware from the CD is on the TF card. I own 20-odd carts from Mario 64 to Castlevania:Portrait of Ruin.

4. wuka

Newcomer wuka Member

Some say opening the card and re-seating it helps. If you have the older batch with a 2nd case for it, try that.

5. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Damn. I have a DS Lite, so I wouldn't be able to help you as much. I would find a DS lite (from a friend) and test it out if you have the time. Otherwise, I would return it before the indicated return policy expires... you can always reorder, but not always return, right?

So I'm sure you got all the files in correctly (all you really really need to get started would be the dat file)

Um, I'm sure the error you have has nothing to do with your microsd from what you have explained. If it hasn't work on both DS phats, then I'm starting suspect that it's the M3 simply that's having the problems.

But my best answer would be is to test it out on other systems that are different from phat. I would also like to recommend that you take a break from stressful shit like this.. well, at least it's somewhat stressful for me!

6. imtekbistro
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies. I dont know anyone around here who has a lite, i was going to get one earlier this month but even now they are extremely scarce everywhere. This is such a pain in the ass.

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    This has nothing to do with the SD card. Even without a microSD card inserted the Simply will boot to a black screen with an error message. Don't bother trying to test it on other systems, two is enough. Contact the place you bought it from and return it for a working one.