Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup

NDS Lite

M3 DS Real with GBA expansion firmware 3.0

8gb retail sandisk microsd

Having trouble past the four gig mark. After making 3 GBA directories each with 100 games and 1 NDS with 100 games, when I try to access anything past the 4gb mark the M3 freezes when trying to load a rom. Anybody else with the same. (forgot to add, I have tested the card extensively with read write of various files and crc checking and file verification is ok, even with a 7gb file and directory with 7gb of data)

Also on a side note, how do you get GBA games to save. They saved perfectly with my M3 slot 2 card, but not with the m3 ds real. Do I still need to patch them?

Thanks

Hidekiadam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokenet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hihi

You shouldn't need to patch them, it will normally save the GBA save data to the SD when you next boot the DS

I'm a little concerned that it's having problems accessing >4GB

I think I spy another overflow there (long int is exactly 4GB)

It's likely the errors are one and the same, if you can't read past the 4GB mark then you probably can't create files there either, such as GBA saves

Gedi223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it is a problem with the card or the m3ds real? I can verify information written/read from the card easily.

Anybody else have a sandisk 8gb microsd that works?

leolight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I'm using same micro SD memory with M3DS Real.
I put over 100 NDS games(about 7.8GB) into the memory and I played some games but there is no problem.
But I don't know how to check which games are located in over 4GB range.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I filled my 6gig Sandisk card with 5.9 gig of games to test when i first got my real and it worked without problem (forst and last game in the list), I know it isn't 8gig but it is past the 4 gig mark, i don't know if that helps

with your gba saving problem, if your M3 real is new you probably just need to charge the battery in the gba expansion pack (is flat as a tac when you get it), leave a gba game running and give it a full charge cycle and i imagine that should do it, and remember to turn the ds on again after youve been playing a GBA game since it doesn't actually save the save game to the SD card it keeps it in a temp thing in the gba expansion cart, and writes it to SD on next boot,but if it don't have power it cant hold on to it

course if that isnt your problem, well then that's not gunna help ^^

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sandisk 8gb and I have been adding games to nearly a full card so I would guess that means they are over the halfway mark and I havent had any issues as of yet.

snowcorn22

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I just received a Sandisk 8GB MicroSD card...
put in a few games and they ran... still have to load loads more on to it... +movies & music..
will let you know should there be any problems...

skrambol

Trophies
XP
Country
im having the same problem. i am also using sandisk 8gb, which i bought a few days ago. if i fill the nds folder with more than 4gb, most of the games will not start and if they do, its so very slow. also, some games are not showing their icons and and the size against the name is 0. so from there, i know there is something wrong. now my nds folder contains less than 4gb, all icons are showing and their size is not 0. so far its working fine except there was one time i had to re-copy the nds folder because for no reason the games were not showing in the nds folder, even if i use the file explorer.

do you think its the sandisk 8gb? i bought my m3ds real in www.mobymemory.com and they also have this bundle package from 1gb to 8gb. those microsdhc bundled is sandisk! so they must be working fine otherwise they will get lots of complaints.

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same prroblem here... it looks like this happens when there are too many NDS files in the NDS directory.

I have 226 NDS files and it doesn't show many of the icons.
It says many roms are 0 size.
It is SLOW.
It is also freezing a LOT and not loading properly.
I wish I would have known about this issue.

My card is a SanDisk 8GB Micro SDHC from Play.com

It's annoying, but if you seperate the NDS files into many directories, they can be launched through the browser icon.

I do hope this is taken seriously by the dev team - Sakura needs to handle 8GB with ease, so please continue the hard work M3... Your efforts are appreciated AND we look forward to using your next firmware
smile.gif

GO SAKURA!

Gav

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just checked on my mates 8gb and he gets the same. games not loading, or freezing at the first menu change (the one that lets you chose whether to cheat etc)

seperated the roms (160 of them) to 2 folders and working fine now.

sandisk 8gb from mobygames here.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i use my kingston 4gb microsdhc card in the m3ds real the menu really lags alot.

on the edge cart it works fine however, my sdhc card is formatted as FAT.

Is it possible to fix this somehow?

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thefunkygibbon said:
just checked on my mates 8gb and he gets the same. games not loading, or freezing at the first menu change (the one that lets you chose whether to cheat etc)

How do you separate the files? Do you just name then NDS, NDS 2, NDS 3? Please let me know. I have a 8gb card coming in, and I want to make sure I don't have the same problems.

snowcorn22

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Hi,
Try this...
on the Root have an NDS folder, in that put different folders eg, favs, puzzle, racing etc.... with the relevant .nds rom files.
Once you boot the DS... go in NDS icon (where your games are) press START and select the 1 of the folders you created.
There should be the .nds files you put in the folders....
when you reboot it'll boot from the last selected folder
then repeat for other folders..
There's a limit of how many .nds files there are in each folder... so try not to fill it too much... i think it's something like 140 per folder...
+ always try to leave enough free space on the card for saves. try calculating about 512KB per game...

Hope this helps...

honeydoddle

Trophies
XP
Country
vt102 said:
thefunkygibbon said:

How do you separate the files? Do you just name then NDS, NDS 2, NDS 3? Please let me know. I have a 8gb card coming in, and I want to make sure I don't have the same problems.

You separate the roms by making 2 folders in the root directory then put the roms in the folders ex. 80 roms in 1st folder and another 80 roms in 2nd folder.

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeydoddle said:
vt102 said:
thefunkygibbon said:

You separate the roms by making 2 folders in the root directory then put the roms in the folders ex. 80 roms in 1st folder and another 80 roms in 2nd folder.

What do you name the 2 folders though. NDS, NDS 2, NDS 3?????

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snowcorn22 said:
Hi,
Try this...
on the Root have an NDS folder, in that put different folders eg, favs, puzzle, racing etc.... with the relevant .nds rom files.
Once you boot the DS... go in NDS icon (where your games are) press START and select the 1 of the folders you created.
There should be the .nds files you put in the folders....
when you reboot it'll boot from the last selected folder
then repeat for other folders..
There's a limit of how many .nds files there are in each folder... so try not to fill it too much... i think it's something like 140 per folder...
+ always try to leave enough free space on the card for saves. try calculating about 512KB per game...

Hope this helps...

I will try this, and post my results here. Also, I don't plan on loading that much in the folders. I dont think I even have 140 total.
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

vt102 said:
honeydoddle said:
vt102 said:
thefunkygibbon said:

What do you name the 2 folders though. NDS, NDS 2, NDS 3?????

It doesn't matter.

Zeppelinfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Well my 8 gig sandisk/Real combo is having a problem somewhere. I cant use the touch screen at all except in games and in dsorganize. I cant use moonshell at all, just sits there dldi compatible loading... . I cant use media ex maybe because i cant use the touchscreen and i cant use pdads maybe because i cant use the tocuscreen. I have tried many different moonshell rom choices and still nothing. I tried to format my cart to a fat but it says it cant because it is too big. So it is formatted to fat32. Which i know it probably should be anyhow being a 8 gig cart. So, i am thinking the Real doesnt want to use the 8 gig cart properly. Any ideas here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm