M3 DS Real Saves

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by joshwill80, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007

M3 DS Real Saves by joshwill80 at 6:29 AM (1,585 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. joshwill80
    OP

Newcomer joshwill80 Advanced Member

United States
    So finally got my M3 DS Real perfect bundle today. It's very nice and simple to use, had no problems running it or setting it up. It also booted everything up that I tested including the browser and GBA games.

I'm a little confused about how the save system works though. I have not got far enough into a DS game yet to test it, but I assume that DS saves will work just fine. GBA saving did not seem to work for me. I did a quick test with Golden Sun, and the M3 Real did not load up my save game. So my questions....

1. I just save DS games as I would an actual DS cartridge, correct?
    2. Same for GBA games? I don't really care about the real time save feature, I'm hoping it's not the only way to save a GBA game.
    3. Is there anyway to view game saves through the M3 Real interface? Being able to see game saves and delete them quickly would be nice. Only way I have found to delete them is by using the "Blank" option.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    1. Yes, it should be automatic; all saves are managed by the M3R itself.
    2. It should be the same for GBA games since they don't require patching or anything by default. I don't think you need to use RTS to save :X Try it again maybe. I assume you have actually saved the game in Golden Sun (bring up the menu with start, etc)
    3. This is not possible since the M3 Real does not have a built in file manager. Homebrew such as DSOrganize can do this (rename, delete, move files, etc)

3. joshwill80
    OP

United States
    Wow, thank you for the quick reply [​IMG] Another thing I was curious about, is there a way to have the M3 Real run GBA games on the touch screen? I have it set up to use the touch screen through my DS options, but the M3 Real seems to ignore the option.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Really? Maybe you want to check it again on the DS. I don't see why the M3R would boot it on the top if you chose the bottom

5. joshwill80
    OP

United States
    OK, GBA saves are now working. Still can't get the M3R to play GBA games on the touch screen though.

6. I-Iybr1d

Newcomer I-Iybr1d Member

Portugal
    what did you do to make the gba saves to work?

and to play gba games in the touch screen try to change the option on the ds main options screen without the card inserted...

7. joshwill80
    OP

United States
    Aye, I have tried setting the DS option without the card inserted, still did not work. Maybe it only uses the top screen for some games. Only game I've had time to test so far is Golden Sun, and it used the top screen. Not that big of deal, but I would rather use the touch screen.

As far as the saves, I just did what 4saken suggested and tried again, it worked just as it should the second time around. Maybe the save function is not working 100% of the time? If that is the case I hope the M3 team can fix it.

8. I-Iybr1d

Newcomer I-Iybr1d Member

Portugal
    Ive tryed almost a million times lol, and still with no result, the games play fine but does not save in any way...