Hacking M3 DS Real: rumble RAM or rumble device

jan_boezeroen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

This is one of my first posts, so i hope this works (although I have been a gbatemp member for long).

A lot of online sellers offer 3 different kind of M3 DS Real packs:
-M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle Pak (gba+rumble)
-M3 DS Real Rumble Bundle Pak (rumble)
-M3 DS Real Rumble RAM Bundle Pak (rumble ram)

This leads to 3 different slot2 devices (expansion pack):
-gba expansion device
-rumble device
-rumble RAM device

So what is actually the difference between the rumble device and the rumble RAM device?

Are those the same? If yes, why do a lot online sellers offer two different packs? (or you could say, why is the rumble RAM device not combined with the GBA device into the perfect bundle pak?)

Hope to get some info....
shy.gif

nds.gif

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 different packs you can buy

the perfect bundle ( which is what i bought) comes with the gba expansion pack- flash gba games to it and the NDS browser, and the rumble pak- Used for NDS games that have rumble like Metroid Pinball

the rumble ram pack - this is used for rumble effect in games plus it has added ram for the use of the NDS Browser ONLY, and from what i understand gba games cant be flashed to this only the NDS browser can

Rumble pack - this is used for NDS games that have rumble like metroid pinball

Hope this helps answer your question

jan_boezeroen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 3 different packs you can buy

the perfect bundle ( which is what i bought) comes with the gba expansion pack- flash gba games to it and the NDS browser, and the rumble pak- Used for NDS games that have rumble like Metroid Pinball

the rumble ram pack - this is used for rumble effect in games plus it has added ram for the use of the NDS Browser ONLY, and from what i understand gba games cant be flashed to this only the NDS browser can

Rumble pack - this is used for NDS games that have rumble like metroid pinball

Hope this helps answer your question

Thanks for the fast reply!

So if I want to do NDS browsing and GBA games, I should go for a perfect bundle!!!!

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the NDS browser rom needs to be patched before use

I dont understand what u mean about Flashing the browser to the gba exp pack

U patch the nds browser rom and drap and drop it onto your micro sd in the nds folder

boot the card and select browser thru the m3 real gui, it flashes the browser to the gba exp pack, just like a gba game

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks much Kizmatti. One more question, does the patch get applied before or after trimming the browser rom, or does it matter?

They Call Me Mr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my rush to have a M3 Real I ended up getting the one with just the rumble pack. I wonder if any of you guys know if there is a website where I could just get the rumble/ram pack or the GBA pack without having to buy another M3 Real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1