Hacking M3 DS Real Questions

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will really appreciate if anyone can help me with these:
lecture.gif

1. Is there a complete skinning guide for the M3 DS Real?
2. How can I convert my R4 saves to M3 DS Real saves? Is there a simple way rather than using that save converter webpage?
3. Can i use the Cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat from the R4?
4. Can i delete the other applications like the PDADS since it takes up too much space?

Again, thanks to anyone who can answer these questions..
bow.gif

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1)Yes the guide is included in the Manual
2)You can use our save converter (http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html)
3)You may want to look into our M3 Cheat Code Combiner
4)You can choose what or which apps to run on your M3 Real.

Hope this helps a little.
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. A very brief skinning guide can be found on gba-nds (or something; the "official" support site for the M3/G6 R) in their M3DSR Tutorial.

2. You can use some kind of mass renaming software to change the file extension to .0 (or .1/.2 if necessary). They both use the same file type and size, but the M3/G6 use numbers for their multi-save system.

3. Not sure about this one
tongue.gif
But I'm sure the codes can be exchanged/added from each manually.

4. PDADS is completely optional, but OSW has found out that PDADS is actually filled with empty space (around 80% of the total size)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3. have a look for yasu's r4cce (link to SkH's translated version), it can export the cheat.dat's from R4 to an xml, and you can then use M3's cheat code combiner to make a M3 db out of it. Just a warning, I have had my card go corrupt 3 times now just messing with cheats in the M3R menu (something to do with a small file that is created and written "game name.gmc" when changing some cheat file source settings) so make sure you keep a copy of your saves and stuff.

kikoexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a bunch guys.. keep those answers coming.. honestly, im having a hard time figuring it out as to how to import my r4 cheat database.. the link to yasu's r4cce crashes/fails after some time..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free