M3 DS Real Problems

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by harrypotter, Nov 29, 2007.

Nov 29, 2007

M3 DS Real Problems by harrypotter at 6:33 AM (1,793 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. harrypotter
    OP

Newcomer harrypotter Member

Australia
    M3 Real English version with firmware 2.6. The problems I have are:

1. Can't turn on Soft-Reset for some games that can be 'Soft-Reset' in M3simply/R4. [​IMG]

2. Animal Crossing frozen when turn on Cheat Switch (Cheat database Codejunkies US Games.xml 24-11-2007) , This might be caused by the Cheat code, but could anyone confirm that it works OK on your M3 DSR?

3. Game list takes a while to show on my Kingston 2GB [​IMG]

4. Can't 'Soft-Reset' from Media Player screen to Main Menu using the DS "Start" button (both M3Simply and R4 can do it) , I have to turn off the DS to get to the Main Menu again. [​IMG]

Hopefully, next firmware update will bring something better. [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    1. This happens. Some games just don't run. At best, you can try to contact the team and they can try fix it (individual game fixing isn't hard is it? I mean CycloDSEvo can do it)
    2. Not sure about this.
    3. It is like this. The interface is just incredibly slow by nature. Happens on all cards.
    4. Can't you? I thought there was a soft reset function build in (you select it somehow..)

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I guess it's like the M3 Slot-2. You just have to select a window, press the Start-button and select Restart.

4. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Animal Crossing codes are known to cause flash carts to crash. The game itself has an auto fail system working if it detects memory addresses that have been frozen or changed unexpectedly.

There should be a "Master code" for the AC:WW 1.1 version but no one has ever tested if it works. So give that code a try along with your cheats.

5. harrypotter
    OP

Newcomer harrypotter Member

Australia
    Thanks for replying.

2. Seems fixed by the new firmware 2.7 (download from www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/)
    3. It loads faster after installed fw 2.7
    4. Of course from the Moonshell menu get to a certain menu and press Quit it will reboot to Game Manager but that's not what M3S and R4 do.

Cheers,