Hacking M3 DS Real: Freezing

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys

I've just finally found my first problem with my flashcard. My M3 DS Real has now been experiencing freezing (during games,and OS menu even before booting the firmware). I've gone through the checklist of solutions and I came to conclude that is my M3 DS Real Flashcard.

I was wondering does anyone else have this problem? I believe it has something to do with the contacts that read the microSD but I'm not sure. It maybe a bad card that freezes at random.. so I'm not exactly sure.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem as well?

Checklist:
Update Firmware
Tried a couple of different MicroSD cards
Tested my microSD,firmware and roms on other flashcard and another DS and it worked.

So its a flashcard problem.

Any help would do.

I'm assuming maybe a bad soldering job or something.

Let me know guys

Jimmy

Update:
Extra Info:

- I don't use the card reader that came with the M3 DS Real (highly doubt it will ruin my card though they just break after a period of use)
- Roms are good they work on other flashcards I own including another M3 DS Real
- Formatting has been done to death with 4 brands of microSD and microSDHC

I really feel that it might be a contact problem. Not a contact problem for my DS but the microSD contact problem.

I simulate the freeze by pulling out the microSD during play and its exact same thing.
What I feel that is really odd is that the flashcard will work for a few minutes and not work until you rest it for a few minutes later.

Its always like this so I'm assuming that once the card is heated to a temperature it will fail. Not sure if its a contact problem or a problem with the circuits. I'm thinking of re-soldering the microSD slot again but want to know more about the problem.

Thanks for posting.

Jimmy

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be but r not limited to

Bad Roms
You used the card reader that came with your m3 (they ruin sd cards)
You didnt use the safely remove hardware option
Maybe the contacts on the m3 are not meeting the DS properly (Use Paper Trick)

If all of that doesnt work backup your saves and reformat..tell us the results.

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Extra Info:

- I don't use the card reader that came with the M3 DS Real (highly doubt it will ruin my card though they just break after a period of use)
- Roms are good they work on other flashcards I own including another M3 DS Real
- Formatting has been done to death with 4 brands of microSD and microSDHC

I really feel that it might be a contact problem. Not a contact problem for my DS but the microSD contact problem.

I simulate the freeze by pulling out the microSD during play and its exact same thing.
What I feel that is really odd is that the flashcard will work for a few minutes and not work until you rest it for a few minutes later.

Its always like this so I'm assuming that once the card is heated to a temperature it will fail. Not sure if its a contact problem or a problem with the circuits. I'm thinking of re-soldering the microSD slot again but want to know more about the problem.

Thanks for posting.

Jimmy

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
panic 101

I've formated and used FAT and FAT32 before using at least 4 different microSD

THere is something wrong with the card itself.

I think I'm gonna give up. It's a piece of junk.

blurrysarah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fairly sure you have the same issue as me, and I agree it is a contact problem.
I have an M3 Simply that randomly freezes, and occasionally isn't recognised when I power on - till I remove it a few times/jiggle it around a bit. It's a pain in the ass.
I save my games every 2 minutes these days, I swear. One day I will get around to ordering something else.

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
contact problem?

I'm not sure weather it is a microSD contact problem or a contact problem connecting to the DS

I have to say though that I had re-soldered the microSD back to the card. It still will not work.

I had put paper so that the contact would connect better with the DS still not working.

Right now I'm gonna guess it is a circuit problem. When the flashcard gets heated during regular play to a temperature something fails.

I've tried everything. It's not worth looking at no more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn