Hacking M3 DS Real: Does it have internal battery?

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lecture.gif

Hey Guys

I've been waiting to upgrade from my R4/M3 Simply for a while and the new M3 Real is very attractive right now.

However there is just one thing that I would like to know before purchasing it regarding how the M3 Real Saves their data.

- Does the M3 Real slot-1 card have an embedded battery?
- Does the M3 Real require rebooting before the save file is written to Micro SD?

Would like to know seeing how the M3 Simply and R4 both write their save files directly to Micro SD without rebooting and those cards do not have an embedded battery.

Thanks for the reply guys. Hope some one out there can answer me
biggrin.gif

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont own one, but one review I saw pictures of it taken apart. And it does have a battery

Really... thanks for letting me know

Do you think you can manage to find me a link of that review? I've searched and searched everywhere and I still can't find a pic of the chip. All the reviews I've found haven't showed one that was open. Including reviews on this site.

Is there anyone else who can confirm if this is true?

Thanks a bunch guys

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate the info I was looking everywhere to find out but no luck
frown.gif

now I'm off to order my cards
biggrin.gif

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just ordered two cards with the rumble I don't care for the GBA expansion pack so I'm happy
smile.gif

oh man I gotta cut down on my spending, just bought mario galaxy too yesterday and now this... but Mario is so worth it though great game anyone else play it yet?

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're kidding me, right? I still haven't played more than 5 minutes of Mario Sunshine and I've had that game for nearly 2 years now
laugh.gif

lol not joking though I loved Mario Sunshine a lot I don't see why people disliked it though
frown.gif

I beat it and got most of the shines.....

the one game though that will be coming out soon is smash bros brawl. I bought my gamecube because of smash bros melee and I haven't touched it since I bought it
rofl2.gif

When I first played Smash bros Melee it was with friends... so I thought I had to get the game... unfortunatly when I got the cube.... no friends came over and I didn't touch the game cuz I had no one to play with.. only played my friends copy at his place and that was it
frown.gif

Now Brawl comes out soon and I feel bad lol

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad about the battery, I got the G6 and the M3 backwards.

Mario Sunshine was terrible, just an envonmental brainwash with marios name, didnt deserve marios name. Galaxy however, is arguably better than M64. If you havent played it you should.

M3 Real, I want to get one, but I keep reading. Xmany games dont work at once, download play doesnt work, wii connect doent work...

I dont know is it worth it? Are they going to fix wii connect?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Mario Sunshine was terrible, just an envonmental brainwash with marios name, didnt deserve marios name. Galaxy however, is arguably better than M64. If you havent played it you should.

M3 Real, I want to get one, but I keep reading. Xmany games dont work at once, download play doesnt work, wii connect doent work...

I dont know is it worth it? Are they going to fix wii connect?

Hmm... I'm pretty sure M3Real has 100% Game Compatibility.
Download Play is perfect too.
Wii Connectivity... G6Real can connect to Wii, so I think M3Real can do it too.

~Nero

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mario Sunshine was terrible, just an envonmental brainwash with marios name, didnt deserve marios name. Galaxy however, is arguably better than M64. If you havent played it you should.

M3 Real, I want to get one, but I keep reading. Xmany games dont work at once, download play doesnt work, wii connect doent work...

I dont know is it worth it? Are they going to fix wii connect?

you make me sad when you say Mario Sunshine was terrible.. really liked the game from beginning to end.

Galaxy is good but I haven't played much of it yet to figure out if its better or not. But so far its another Mario game thats pretty fun. I do however like Sunshine a bit more at the moment.. but I'll figure things out once I get playing more

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Sugiarto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I heard somewhere in this forum if you want to play download play in m3real you should press Y button instead of A button or START button when you strat the game and it says that Wii conectivity is works too if you press the button

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps you should ask somebody who has tested the card to try it. I don't think a reviewer would have missed something like this though
tongue.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, in the newer firmwares there is a seperate button for loading the game with download play support. I can confirm this with an M3 Real using the latest firmware.
I haven't yet got round to testing how well this works...

- Sam

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, in the newer firmwares there is a seperate button for loading the game with download play support. I can confirm this with an M3 Real using the latest firmware.
I haven't yet got round to testing how well this works...

- Sam

I think he has asking whether Pokemon connectivity will work using this button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey