Hacking m3 and wifi

joe90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have done a search with no joy.

Me and two workmates tried connecting to my ds running MarioKart, Tetris usign multiplayer? but they crash after reciving the data.
And orgininal Bomberman works ok.

(I have trimmed the roms)

Is this just a problem with the M3..

Cheers

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the sending DS has the M3 and the receiving is not flashme'd, then it doesn't work. If the receiving DS has Flashme it should work.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the sending DS has the M3 and the receiving is not flashme'd, then it doesn't work. If the receiving DS has Flashme it should work.

Obviously if bomerman works, then the whole theory of "a unflashed ds cannot communicate with a flashed ds" is completely taken out. The Flashme Does NOT affect the capability to recive files for ds download play. A unflashed DS can recive data from a Flashed DS. I always play tetris ds with my friends, whom all have stock ds'es. (while my ds is flashed) and no problems. However, when i try to send NSMB, it freezes. (obviously something wrong with the rom) WHich leads me to the conclusion that its not the unflashed ds'es but more the way you patch them.
there was a discussion of this HERE
It will work, one way or another

TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't get it!
blink.gif

With M3/G6/SuperCard/EZ4, people can play normally in Nintendo WFC??? (play online in worldwide, just like with the originals carts...)

Thanks,
TM_Sephiroth

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
The reason why a flashed DS is usually needed to receive in ds download play is because the signature of the game is altered(during patching). The code signature is wrong, and it cannot authenticate through download play.
Flashme disables the authentication function.

When roms are patched and trimmed, this authentication code is altered. If they are not trimmed, it may work(if the output is clean enough). It is much more likely to work with a flashme'd ds receiving though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.