m3 and wifi

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by joe90, Jul 21, 2006.

Jul 21, 2006

m3 and wifi by joe90 at 2:10 PM (1,024 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. joe90
    OP

Newcomer joe90 Advanced Member

I have done a search with no joy.

Me and two workmates tried connecting to my ds running MarioKart, Tetris usign multiplayer? but they crash after reciving the data.
    And orgininal Bomberman works ok.

(I have trimmed the roms)

Is this just a problem with the M3..

Cheers

2. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    If the sending DS has the M3 and the receiving is not flashme'd, then it doesn't work. If the receiving DS has Flashme it should work.

3. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Obviously if bomerman works, then the whole theory of "a unflashed ds cannot communicate with a flashed ds" is completely taken out. The Flashme Does NOT affect the capability to recive files for ds download play. A unflashed DS can recive data from a Flashed DS. I always play tetris ds with my friends, whom all have stock ds'es. (while my ds is flashed) and no problems. However, when i try to send NSMB, it freezes. (obviously something wrong with the rom) WHich leads me to the conclusion that its not the unflashed ds'es but more the way you patch them.
    there was a discussion of this HERE
    It will work, one way or another

4. mastermaw

Newcomer mastermaw Member

United Kingdom
    I have tried every combination of hosting/joining flashed/unflashed M3 jiggerypokkery and had no problems.

maw.

5. TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer TM_Sephiroth Advanced Member

Brazil
    I didn't get it! [​IMG]
    With M3/G6/SuperCard/EZ4, people can play normally in Nintendo WFC??? (play online in worldwide, just like with the originals carts...)

Thanks,
    TM_Sephiroth

6. gryto

Member gryto GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    The reason why a flashed DS is usually needed to receive in ds download play is because the signature of the game is altered(during patching). The code signature is wrong, and it cannot authenticate through download play.
    Flashme disables the authentication function.

When roms are patched and trimmed, this authentication code is altered. If they are not trimmed, it may work(if the output is clean enough). It is much more likely to work with a flashme'd ds receiving though.