M3 and DivX?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by waves, Sep 22, 2006.

Sep 22, 2006

M3 and DivX? by waves at 8:23 AM (996 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. waves
    OP

Newcomer waves Member

Germany
    OK I haven't really found any useful information about that. I know the M3 software can convert video files into a special format which the M3 can play.

but now that the max media player can play DivX files out of the box I wonder if it is somehow possible to play DivX (avi, mpg etc.) files directly with the M3. does anyone know anything about this?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Simple answer no.

While it might be possible with some serious optimisation to get somewhere (there was a tech demo for the GBA a very long time ago but it ran at about 2 fps in VBA with the speed button down (it was a zelda trailer and it was on one of the homebrew sites in case you care) there is no out of the box support.
    You need to convert first but fortunately it not usually a long process especially from a standard (A)SP codec (Divx,Xvid,MS-MPEG4,3vix etc)

3. bspxa

Newcomer bspxa Newbie

MMP can play divx files now? Show me a link. As far as I know it just requires you to dl their software and convert it just like moonshell. I had a pentium 90 back when divx first hit the scene and it choked,I don't think native support will ever be possible on the DS...maybe .MPG though.

4. Mehdi

Member Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

Netherlands
    i think a mp4 player is possible