M3 Adapter Slot 2: is stille alive?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by chomog, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011
  1. chomog
    OP

Newcomer chomog Member

Italy
    Hi,

I've an old M3 Adapter for the Slot 2 (needs the Passkey to run) on my first version of Nintendo DS, I'm searching for patch for the new games like Zelda, Dragon Quest VI, ecc...but I see that all the old website for the old M3 Adapter to Slot-2 are down.

Do you know where I can get this patch for this old card?

Tnks!

My card
    [​IMG]

2. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    Just so we're clear you can find the latest firmware for your card here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

As for an update you'll find your out of luck unless you can use an alternative firmware like YsMenu or Wood R4(highly doubt it). Considering you want to play the latest NDS games though I highly HIGHLY recommend you simply buy a M3 Simply or R4(both are about $4 I think?)and use Wood R4 on those. Another alternative is Acekard 2i which not only allows you to play all the latest games but works on all DS systems. To make things even better you can buy it for about $14 WITH a 4g memory card! talk about a great deal.

Of course either way you look at it you'll still want your M3 Adapter to play GBA games. I hope this helps!

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    1. I suggest installing flashme, it will save battery life.
    2. I don't think there really is much you can do for that card since it never gets updates nor do I think most patches work for it. I suggest investing in a new flashcard such as the R4, Acekard 2(i), Supercard DSonei, Supercard Two, or something along those lines.
    NOT AN M3i Zero! The M3 Team is pretty much dead and their flashcards are not worth investing in anymore.

4. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    If you get an R4, make sure you get a 1:1 clone of the original R4 (Basically a real R4)
    That's because it's the only R4 which supports Wood R4. It can only use up to 2GB MicroSD, though.

If you want to have microSDHC and if you want to be able to play in a DSi/3DS (Unsure?), get an R4i Gold, since it's pretty inexpensive, supports Wood R4 and lets you use microSDHC.

5. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As others mentioned, I suggest picking up an Acekard or an R4. I would sell the M3 to someone who is looking for a GBA flash card.

6. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I would GLADLY buy your M3 from you, or trade you a modern cart AND buy it.

PMing.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Thought someone would have sold you one buy now Schlupi.