Hardware M2 to Pro Duo Adapter

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking at the price of M2 memory, and it's dirt cheap. You can get 16GB for only $20. You can get an M2 to Pro Duo adapter for likely around $5 after shipping.

I know adapters are always an iffy endeavor, but has anybody successfully gone this route? I would love to double my memory for cheap, and this would be a great route to go. Plus, then I could use my 4GB MicroSD cards elsewhere.

I know, I know, I can get an 8GB Pro Duo card for about $20 too, but if I can get double the memory that is still fairly reliable (I'm thinking official Sandisk adapter), that would be great.

Edit: I don't need a speech about the best types of memory either. I'm fully aware of what is considered the most reliable investment, but I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. I'll save up a few more dollars to get the adapter, and I'll go for it. As fun as 8GB is, after loading down my emulators and putting some larger PSX games on, it only has about 25MB left free. I figured it was time to upgrade, and 16GB for $20 is too good to pass up.

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
best bang for my buck was a micro sd to ms pro duo adapter with a 16 GB micro sd scandisk card (class4). read speeds up to 17mb and write up to 13Mb. Have another 8gb Class 6 on it's way now to join it with a fake photofast cr-5400. Gameplay is awesome even with .cso files.
just my 2 cents worth. but if ya can get a 16gb m2 stick for 20 bucks lol i like to know where and is it legit?

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
shadow100z said:
best bang for my buck was a micro sd to ms pro duo adapter with a 16 GB micro sd scandisk card (class4). read speeds up to 17mb and write up to 13Mb. Have another 8gb Class 6 on it's way now to join it with a fake photofast cr-5400. Gameplay is awesome even with .cso files.
just my 2 cents worth. but if ya can get a 16gb m2 stick for 20 bucks lol i like to know where and is it legit?

16GB M2 for $20 is standard. Just check places like Amazon. M2 isn't super duper common as far as I know, but it's inexpensive.

Lemski07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im currently using it on gen-d3at no problems, 2 8gb tdk, w/ photofast CR-5400 Ms pro duo dual slot adapter which cost around 4.5 $ in our currency.

u should use same type of sd's so u wont have any compatibility issues which sometimes occur, planning to get also two 16GB so that I wont be needing to change my memory stick and I could permanently glue it.
rolleyes.gif
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there