Hacking M2 - Anyway to use on GBA for games?

UncleChuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an M2 sitting around here. I've not paid much attention in recent months. I am assuming that there is still no way to run GBA roms from the thing? I only ask as I'm trying to get my GBA back into regular usage (mostly for my son) and the only other thing I have a 1 gigabit flashcart that takes about 30 minutes to flash.

I realise the M2 is probably still little more than a paperweight, but I figured I'd ask before giving up entirely.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif

Do you mean an M3? And if so, which one?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the M3s that plug into the GBA slot can be used in any GBA consoles to play GBA roms without modification. Just write the GBA rom and that's it.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Except that if you have the Lite (Slot2/MicroSD), you'll have to swap the case if it's using the smaller case designed for the DS.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No, I think he has a GBAMP V2. That can't run GBA ROMs, only GB and some GBC, with Goomba Color.

The flashcard , on the other hand, should work, and run GBA games. And if a game takes, say, 10 hours to finish, 30 minutes to flash the card doesn't seem too long
happy.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All the M3s that plug into the GBA slot can be used in any GBA consoles to play GBA roms without modification. Just write the GBA rom and that's it.

Actually, only the M3-perfect range can play the majority of GBA games
The M3-professional range only have very very limited GBA support

UncleChuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'd have meant M3, I'd have said M3
biggrin.gif

My M2 largely sits gathering dust. Will have some vague use for video for the kids, but it's frustrating having it here and not having any real use for it. Wish it could play GBA games. But GB/GBC is an interesting idea. May as well make some use from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ