M$ has failed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Mr. Waffle, Sep 24, 2009.

Sep 24, 2009

M$ has failed by Mr. Waffle at 4:48 PM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Mr. Waffle
    OP

Member Mr. Waffle A Free Waffle

Netherlands
    So I send my box back for repair, friday UPS picked it up, and Tuesday it arrived at Frankfurt, MS repair centre.
    The really same day, some hours after it arrived, the status was allready on being sent back.
    So I was thinking well maybe they saw it was flashed right away when they opened it so they're sending it back again.
    So I was a bit nervous untill today, when it came back. And it was replaced!
    My thoughts are that MS just get's so much repairs that they just replace maybe 80% of it right away without looking. (Maybe just plug power in and look for RROD)

So yay lucky me.
    Only thing I have to do now is just re-flash it.
    Is it easy to do by myself or should I go to a store that can do it for me?

2. JesseB

Member JesseB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just flash it however you did the first time. That would probably be easiest.

3. Mr. Waffle
    OP

Netherlands
    My brother flashed it for me, but he is in uruzgan now, because he is in the army, so it would be difficult to do so.

4. Denida

Newcomer Denida Member

Denmark
    If you got what you physically need for it and are good with computers and stuff you should be able to do it yourself.
    If not you could take it to a store to do, or whenever your brother returns from deployment...

5. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Where did MS fail !?
    Every company is doing this (sometimes you get a totally new one sometimes not).
    What did you expect so that they didn´t failed ?

Anyway you need something like this to reflash the XBOX360 (at least for newer ones)
    http://www.gamefreax.com/product_info.php/...m-Xecuter-.html
    or you just build it yourself [​IMG]

6. Mr. Waffle
    OP

Netherlands
    Well the fact that mine was flashed and that they usually return it if they find out it is flashed or messed with.
    And based on the fact that within a few hours it was being send back to me, I conclude that they just looked at the RROD, not even inside it.

7. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    Maybe it's just grammar, but the way you phrase it makes Microsoft sound like they failed you and or their customers. I guess I should read the title as such: "Microsoft failed to notice a flash Xbox 360"

And I find it rather sad that a dollar sign was used in place of the S. It suggests that Microsoft is a greedy corporation. This, of course, AFTER you just received a new Xbox 360 from them.

Anyhow, I am glad that you did end up with a working console [​IMG]

8. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    misleading title (again)

be proud you got a new one and it's hackable. what if you have a hacked PSP, you should get angry if they sent you a new PSP that's 6.0 firmware and a TA-088v3 one. lol