ROM Hack RELEASE Luxray - an Overlay Utility for Pokémon Sword and Shield in Form of a Sys-module

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
date.png

So far the only feature is a date advancer that can automate frame advancing in raid RNG manipulation. it can also be used for other time-based events in-game.

More features might get added along the way (depends how busy I get with school).

Download

https://github.com/3096/luxray/releases

Usage
  • Make sure you have the latest version of Atmosphere
  • Place all the contents from the release archive on your SD card root
  • Open Luxray Launcher from Homebrew Menu and launch Luxray

Tesla

Builds for tesla can be found under the release as -ovlloader suffix.

For detailed usage explanation, please refer to this page.
For further assistance, please join our Discord server.

banner.png

Luxray, the Gleam Eyes Pokémon. Its eyes can see through anything. It can even spot its prey hiding in the shadows.

Last edited by MegaMagikarp,

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
sweet could item editing on the fly be possiable in a future update maybe freeze values?
I'm trying to keep it "clean" and legitimate in a way, so I'll probably keep it with peeking things refrain from editing things, since this one is more intended for the RNG community and people who don't like hacking.
But the concept is entirely possible. So who knows, I might make a chaotic evil version of Luxray where all it does is hacking and edits, etc.

Last edited by MegaMagikarp,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just seeing memory values from Noexs form
Code:
[main + mainoffset] + offset
Would be nice addition not only to Pokemon, but to every game.
I'm waiting for this from the beginning of my involvement in Switch scene.

This overlay is not making performance worse? Or just minimizing on what needs to be draw (f.e. minimizing window to one small button to unveil window) can be enough to bring back 99,9% of original performance?

Last edited by masagrator,

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Amazing tool. Been using this for a couple hours now and I have to really say that it works amazingly. I have found one bug but it's not a really huge one-- I can consistently get the game to lock up if I cancel a queued step amount. It doesn't matter if it's 30 or 3000, it locks up when I cancel in the middle. Other than that it's pretty perfect.

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just seeing memory values from Noexs form
Code:
[main + mainoffset] + offset
Would be nice addition not only to Pokemon, but to every game.
I'm waiting for this from the beginning of my involvement in Switch scene.

This overlay is not making performance worse? Or just minimizing on what needs to be draw (f.e. minimizing window to one small button to unveil window) can be enough to bring back 99,9% of original performance?
Yeah, I really wanted an overlay tool on the switch as well, for a while now. I ended up following an example of a PoC called dvdnx.

This particular project is made with Pokemon in mind, but I have yet to add anything specifically related to Pokemon yet. So it should easily work for other games as well. In the source, everything except source/core and the specific screens in source/screens be taken pretty much directly to another overlay application with minimal changes. I have thought of making something universal for all games, but since EdiZon is undergoing a rewrite and will also feature an overlay toggle menu for cheats, I decided I would wait and see how that turns out and if there'll still be the need for another overlay type tool for every game.

Performance wise, the overlay can be hidden with a button combination, and the process will pretty much just sleep and check if the button combo is pressed again to turn the overlay back on, so it should barely take any CPU time when it's hidden. But even when the overlay is on, I have yet to see a performance impact on the game tbh. It is software render internally, but the graphics library I'm using seems to handle it pretty well, and only renders parts that are changed. Drawing the whole overlay on top of the game is handled by the Switch itself so it's pretty fast.

But yeah basically I set my overlay routine to run at maybe about 100hz and it seems to run pretty well and the game doesn't seem to be impacted much either. I do have sysclk OC tho.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might use it for that so-called legendary Pokemon on my birthday. Also, this kind of stuff is what we need when Animal Crossing comes out.

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey how good does this work for animal crossing? I’m looking to move ahead 2-3 days just to move around some buildings, however I would like to sync back to my original time if possible, will I be able to revert back to my original time when using this ? Without any side effects besides turnips

switchisfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShyPlox

It appears to work just fine. I only messed with it a little, though. I set it a day later, saved to menu, and got all the new daily popups when I went back in. Then I set it back to ntp and repeated. Didn't notice anything too funky, but who knows.

Did this all through the Tesla overlay menu too, super quick/easy. Just wish I could use it to set a certain time of day as well for AC, would make it much more useful for messing around!

Just a warning though, my test was very brief, just was curious and it did appear to work. Would definitely recommend backing up your save file first though just in case you get playing and notice something weird.

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you use this app to advance a Wishing Piece Den (let's say +1000 days) without the Wishing Piece de-spawning???

@MegaMagikarp (The Discord link appears to be inactive.)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The feature I would love to have the most would be some kind of detector whether I already have cought the Pokémon or not in Dynamax Lair.
I'm getting old and can't remember all the ones I already caught. If there's no shiny among the 4 from a run I try to take the one I haven't caught yet. So annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...