gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok iv recently been listening to Lupe Fiascos new album and its really good. Compaired to the stuff that been coming out such as soulja boy ect his album is worth a check if you recently stopped listening to rap beacause of idiots like soulja boy and 50 cent

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm a fan of Lupe Fiasco too.
Compared to those of 50 Cent and Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, he totally wins.
Why?
He brings a different, yet refreshing, style to your regular ol' rap songs you mostly hear today.

Other than that, Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony's new album that came out in April and Kanye West new album are worth listening to, if most folks have given up on rap.
Both aren't filled with crap talking about women, drugs, and money...they sound good and have (for the most part) meaningful lyrics.

So, yeah, a lot of rap today isn't worth listening to.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
excerpt from my blog:

QUOTE said:
So it looks like the Christians were right about Jesus making a second coming, but it doesn't look like they were expecting it so soon, or in the form of Lupe Fiasco's latest album.

Some people won't like the album, but hey, that's how things usually go for Jesus, just don't kill him this time.

But seriously, this is such an awesome album, the best new rapper in a long long time, I know I'll be listening to this for a long time, just like his first album.
Absolutely classic.

gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
his next album is coming out next year called lupEND. the name is refrence to games when u complete them you only get to put 3 letters of your name afte thoese 3 letters come up with end next to em. nice idea for a album name but too bad it his last solo album
cry.gif
well he apprently is gunna make a group with Kanye West a Pharrell

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Lupe's good and if you're looking for more contentious hip-hop, like him, there's plenty (Brother Ali, Little Brother, Blackalicious, Common, Mars Ill, MF Grimm, The Perceptionists). But while much of The Cool is good, and even by the standard of other artists, great, it feels far more uneven than Food and Liquor, which was one great track right after the next.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been listening to this album for about 2 weeks non-stop now. It is pretty much in my top 5, hell, it may be in my top 3. First week was all about beats flow etc. Awesome indeed.
smile.gif

Then I actually started listening to the lyrics and the references and meanings behind every sentence is so deap. Gets you thinking about all kinds of stuff. Litterally every song I can listen to the whole time, which is very rare in an album to me. Lupe is waaay beyond the mainstream rappers. If only he could never stop making music. Can't wait for his next album, and what he will do with CRS.

Best rapper alive?

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not very familiar with his music, but HOLY CRAP that kick push song is bad. Stupidest fucking song I've ever heard in my life

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OQQbj9vmaI8

GOOD GOD listen to that chorus

A) It was pretty decent when I saw him live, opening for the Roots.

B) I'm pretty sure it's an analogy he's drawing between skateboarding and the life he describes in the other lyrics.

[edit - evidently I don't speak English anymore]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu