Gaming Luminous Arc - Will

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game came out in May in Japan but I knew that I would not enjoy it unless I could read the text. Last week however I just could not wait another moment and started playing the Japanese version. Now I am counting down.

Is it blasphemous to say that Chrono Trigger has not aged well? I started playing it on the Wii and I did not get into it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the first one and will definitely try the sequel.

But yes, it is blasphemy to say Chrono Trigger hasn't aged well. At the very least, it doesn't make sense to criticize something like its graphics if you like Luminous Arc's graphics (which are pretty much the same caliber, except without even the mode7 style effects effects. So in a lot of ways, Chrono Trigger is much more impressive than LA except it doesn't have voices).

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I'm looking forward to this, I liked the first one and I tried the second just to see what is was like, I didn't play for long as it's in Japanese.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't waaiit either!
biggrin.gif

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, quite enjoyed the first one (undubed it as well xP ) .
Kinda simple srpg, no complicated features or whatsoever.
Story is also a bit cliched but it flows nicely because the characters have some charm
smile.gif

Looking forward to the 2nd one.

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arrgggg to many stupid games not the one i want dumped

and the first game was good and yea kinda typical rpg story line but i still like it i love rpgs that can just take up time

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The first was pretty good( i wish i had undubbed it), nice story, loved the art.
used to spend alot of time casting heal\buff spells for leveling.
keeping the (J) rom for an immediate undub.

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know why people have to undub there are some times i cant deal with the american voice actors and i usually love japanese more but for some games i kinda dont know why

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hum the voice work in the first game (american version) was pretty bad IMO
Also, japanese version had Wakamoto
ohmy.gif
thats enough by my book ;P

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
albel005 said:
i dont know why people have to undub there are some times i cant deal with the american voice actors and i usually love japanese more but for some games i kinda dont know why

Because the trailer sounded absolutely awful.

Also, before you call me a weaboo, or a wapanese or something insulting, I only undubbed 1 DS game so far. And that game barely even had any talking in the game at all.

EDIT1: From my old review, here's the list of voice actors.

Rie Kugimiya: Plays lots of Tsundere characters, including Nagi, Louise, and Shana, and plays Kallen in this game.
Jun Fukuyama: Plays Lelouch from Code geass, and lawrence from Spice and wolf, and plays Steiner in this game.
Rie Tanaka: Plays Suigintou, Chi from Chobits, and Maria from Hayate no gotoku. Plays the Queen.
Ryoko Shiraishi: Voice actor of Hayate from Hayate no Gotoku. Plays Phil
Soichiro Hoshi : Plays Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi no Naku koro ni. Plays Roland.
Emiri Kato: Plays Kagamin from Lucky star. Plays Alty in this game.

EDIT2: OH SHI- THE FIRST GAME HAD WAKAMOTO?!

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not saying undubbing is bad just wondering trust me some anime and games just said awefull with the english voice actors

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
Rie Kugimiya: Plays lots of Tsundere characters, including Nagi, Louise, and Shana, and plays Kallen in this game.
Jun Fukuyama: Plays Lelouch from Code geass, and lawrence from Spice and wolf, and plays Steiner in this game.
Rie Tanaka: Plays Suigintou, Chi from Chobits, and Maria from Hayate no gotoku. Plays the Queen.
Ryoko Shiraishi: Voice actor of Hayate from Hayate no Gotoku. Plays Phil
Soichiro Hoshi : Plays Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi no Naku koro ni. Plays Roland.
Emiri Kato: Plays Kagamin from Lucky star. Plays Alty in this game.
the voice actor for lelouch? that's pretty fuckin sick. though i never got how to undub. i tried doin it for the second bleach game. followed the instructions EXACTLY but no luck. o well, hopefully i'll have better luck with this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended