President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
seriously i thought this game would be awesome but i don't care for 20 min of dialog with a girl who is suppose to clean and wont
don't bother with it. battle system (from the one fight you get to do in nearly 45 min of play) was lacking

hate2.gif

mastertard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was alright, alright enough for me to beat it. Although I will admit the battle system lacks depth and a lot of the abilities in the game are useless

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Story and Battle Wise, The game is great. What really turned me of is the awful touch screen calibration. Many times I moved someone to the wrong square even when I precisely tap where I want them to go. It takes like 2 hard taps to navigate through menus. No other game has this problem. I hope the sequel fixes this.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The story was OK, but it seriously lacked some depth. I mean, FFTA, even if it had a "kiddy" and shallow story, at least it had like 270 side missions, many of them that followed their own "mini-storyline", which added a lot to the core game. I found LA to be too linear and with too much dialogue in-between missions... you could easily spend 20 minutes hearing characters talk, just to end the following battle in 10'...

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Story and Battle Wise, The game is great. What really turned me of is the awful touch screen calibration. Many times I moved someone to the wrong square even when I precisely tap where I want them to go. It takes like 2 hard taps to navigate through menus. No other game has this problem. I hope the sequel fixes this.

You know there's an option in the menu to change to button controls rather than touchscreen, right?
tongue.gif

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I totally agree, this game blows. Such a complete rip off of tactics advance, without any tactics to speak of. No options to skip text and an ending I can't even remember, it was so short. There is so much whining in the game, the only thing I liked was the character sketches of the witches in all their boobular glory.

TripDyke

Trophies
Website
bichan.livejournal.com
XP
Country
It was very much like 'FFTA for beginners'. It lacked the mission depth of FFTA, the story and characters were very generic and 2D (pun really not intended, I swear), and the gameplay controls were fiddly and frustrating. It could have been good, but it wasn't that great. I hope that the second one fixes what they did wrong.

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
I totally agree, this game blows. Such a complete rip off of tactics advance, without any tactics to speak of. No options to skip text and an ending I can't even remember, it was so short. There is so much whining in the game, the only thing I liked was the character sketches of the witches in all their boobular glory.
Wy would you want to skip dialogue in an RPG?

If nothing else, it's rude.
lecture.gif
Have you ever sat watching a Bond movie and skipped over the "talky bits" just to see the explosions?
tongue.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
It was so bad I went out and bought a PSP and Jeanne d'Arc just so I could be reminded of what an SRPG is meant to be... Honestly...

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well Luminous Arc was o.k, the storyline could be better, and the battle system...well its is suppose to be like that.....its a FF tactics kind of games......

but there is still room for improvement....

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dialog in it is absolutely woeful though, it took 20 minutes of constantly pressing A to get in to any sort of gameplay, got really, really bored, really, really quickly.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Not to name names, some people here don't know what the @#$! they're talking about
nyanya.gif

I thought Luminous Arc was a decent grid-based strategy RPG addition to the DS. It has a fair amount of faults, but also does a lot of things right when compared to a rather large amount of predecessors for this style of game.

My only real gripe is that it's much too easy. I've been playing the PS2 title, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together also roughly the same time as Luminous Arc, and for those not familiar it's another strategy RPG that preceded the original Final Fantasy Tactics (prob the best of these type games ever IMO) and has some of the same people who went on to work on FFT if I'm not mistaken (apologies in advance if I am). It's like 9/10 on a hard scale where luminous Arc is like 2/10 on the same scale
laugh.gif
But yeah, LA is a decent little game, but not a great one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2