fmkid and alexander1970 like this.
  2. LiamST

LiamST Member
    Newcomer

How is this achieved please? Thanks

3. RainCode

RainCode   

United States
    Obtained the 3DSX file from the latest (v2.5) release zip archive and then used a hex editor to modify the 'location' string mentioned in the file contents so that it instead says 'Location' (single byte change). I did try CIA, but that did not show the 'raw' strings. Really, just needed something quick to test with. I would prefer using a version that is compiled without manual modification, anywho.
    [​IMG]
    Note: while I do expect everything to work perfectly fine (as one byte was replaced rather than adding or removing data [changing the length]), I had only tested if the application was able to get the release information. The writing to system memory and so forth was not something I risked checking as it was simply to test a fix.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    While we are on the subject, I think it might be best to meanwhile use v2.4 if you want something compiled. The only real change to v2.5 was the 'fix' back then to this very issue.. which made 'location' lowercase.. and eventually itself became the issue it once resolved.

Last edited by RainCode, Jan 23, 2021
    alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Luma3DS, Updater, Version