OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I'm back since almost a year on my n3DS. I was on ReiNand with 9.2 Sysnand and Emunand.
I was able to install Luma3DS (with boot9strap) and to transfer everything on my Sysnand. Everything works perfectly ... except standby battery life ! My n3DS can't last 5 hours sleeping, that's totally insane considering it usually lasts for days.

I read somewhere that it is Rosalina causing this problem, but I didn't find anyway to disable it (since I don't use it).

Does this ever happen to you ? What can I do ?
The problem is not the battery : it lasts almost as much while playing !

EDIT : The problem was my R4i-3DS which was in my new 3DS. Looks like flashcards use power even when not in use :)

Last edited by MK73DS,

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's doing something weird like not actually going into sleep mode? Does the power LED do a "breathing" effect when it's supposed to be in sleep mode?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Yes, it does. Even with wireless disabled it can't handle a day :/
I came back to the 3DS because I wanted to play in the train before and after school, and streetpass people during the day, but my console is out of juice so fast :/
Maybe I did something wrong ? I followed the guide on 3ds.guide

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my 3DS in a while, but its on the second latest version of Luma, and I don't remember having problems with it.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's the exact one I used. Maybe something happened during the transfer to sysnand? Don't ask me about it tho, I've never done that.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I hope this is not that ! ^^" There is all my precious data from 25/03/2011 x)

In fact, I forget to check something : everytime this happend I had a running title in the background. I'll close everthing this night, charge up my 3DS to 100% and keep it sleeping. Hoping at least 50% left ^^

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave a game running frequently and don't have that much battery drain. When did you install B9S? When did you last update Luma? Versions? If I were you I would make sure to update Luma to the latest build. The Legacy build of 8.1 Luma exists with no Rosalina.. I highly doubt Rosalina is the issue. But if you are bored I suppose you could try that.. Luma 9.0 dropped and AuroraWright discontinued the legacy branch so there are known bugs in them.

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say you have data from 2011. Assuming you probably have a launch system, or at the very least an old console, batteries don't last forever. Years of use will wear down a battery until it's no longer to keep a charge as long as it used to. Buy a replacement battery.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Do you have a DStwo?

I have an R4i-3DS, does it also drain the battery ?

You say you have data from 2011. Assuming you probably have a launch system, or at the very least an old console, batteries don't last forever. Years of use will wear down a battery until it's no longer to keep a charge as long as it used to. Buy a replacement battery.

I transfered everything on my new 3DS when I bought it :) Only my data is from 2011 :)

Without a software running in the background, my console went from 100% to blinking red in about 10 hours. Still better than 5, but it still can't handle a full day :c

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i-3DS, does it also drain the battery ?

I transfered everything on my new 3DS when I bought it :) Only my data is from 2011 :)

Without a software running in the background, my console went from 100% to blinking red in about 10 hours. Still better than 5, but it still can't handle a full day :c
Does the 3ds actually shut off because the battery runs out? Are you using a stock battery or is it a replacement?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Does the 3ds actually shut off because the battery runs out? Are you using a stock battery or is it a replacement?

Yes it does, and it is the stock battery.

reason 1. u have any flash card in
2. it's on emunand mode

I'm charging my 3DS to 100% and test it without the flashcard in it :)
But I'm on sysnand thought

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mmh, idk maybe you have some issues with your sd card ? Maybe try booting sdless luma and put it in sleep mode, and then see if it changes the thing or not.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Mmh, idk maybe you have some issues with your sd card ? Maybe try booting sdless luma and put it in sleep mode, and then see if it changes the thing or not.

That's a possibility, but I think this is unlickely : I was before on Emunand (therefore, on SD card) and I didn't have any issue. I don't think my SD card is using that much power :)

But I'll definitely test it if removing the flashcard doesn't change anything :)

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see, maybe it's actually rosalina related then ^^
Sure, and also check on luma github if there are any complains about the same issue than yours, maybe there is a workaround :)
Also, make sure your sd card isn't corrupted if it changes something with the sd card out ^_^

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I already have checked github, the only issue I found was closed because "This is impossible, Luma3DS doesn't cause significant battery drain over stock" ...

I'll test my SD card right now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool