1. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    Right now after using 3DS Guide Flashcart installation method, is it safe to update my old 2DS firmware?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    Yes

3. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    Okay updating right now, I hope everything goes okay.

Edit: Things went okay thankfully.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  4. hannibalburress

Newcomer

United States
    My Luma 3DS app will not let me update it from 9.0 to 9.1. It says "cannot obtain update details." my 3DS is on 11.6.0-39U and I am not going to update it until Luma is updated to 9.1. Does anybody know why Luma won't update? It says to make sure that the 3DS is connected to the internet, but I know it is. The internet browser app works, as do other online services.

5. Hallowing

Hallowing Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The luma update app is finicky, you are better off downloading 9.1 and manually replacing your current boot.firm

6. hannibalburress

Newcomer

United States
    how does one do this

7. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Download, copy, paste.
    Done.

8. Zeffog

Zeffog Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Is their a 9.1 version of Luma-hidden/ Luma-stealth? I've been looking for a while but can't find it.

9. greator

greator GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Hi, guys I have a jp 3ds and i can only run either region free Cia or jp titles. US Cia will get me an error screen.
    Is there a complete noob tutorial for Luma locale settings? I googled to luma3ds github and I don't understand the codes for improved locale emulation.

Can someone help please?
    Also does LumaLocaleSwitcher still works?

10. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    What version of firmware are you using?

11. greator

greator GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    luma is the latest one i got from github

12. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    Look at 3DShackguide on how to change your 3DS zone but beware it has it's downsides.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing.html

The cleanest method is to reset and format the 3DS/2DS you are using but since you have a newer firmware that 1.7 that means that installing Luma3DS again will be a pain. Also if you don't backup stuff and saves, it will be all gone.

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    The stealth version of Luma3DS was an unofficial spin of Luma3DS and to my knowledge hasn't been supported for quite some time now.

14. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I am currently trying to undub Fire emblem Fates and was told that luma allows for that. I have made a folder within the luma folder called titles, then i have a folder for the game name, with the undub folder in that one. I have also enabled game patching for luma. I have created the .cia file but the undub is not working.

Have I missed something? Sorry if the answer is obvious ;-;

15. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    Maybe you are not using the right Rom version and the right patch? Also, Luma3DS uses encrypted Cias.

Alternatively, you could try patching the Cia Rom in a PC and then install it on your 2DS/3DS.

16. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    encrypted cia's? So I'd have to decrypt and re-encrypt? How would I go about doing that, because I don't see an option for it.

And I am pretty sure its the right rom and patch version.

Nevermind I think I found out how to do it.

Rip it says CIA Encryptor (NCCH): failed
    The file I used was a decrypted 3ds file, so I Made a files9 folder on the root of my SD card, and Made a D9Game folder inside of the files9 folder. Then I placed the .3ds inside of the D9Game folder.
    After that I used Decrypt9 like so: Content Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> Build CIA from NCCH/NCSD.
    Not sure why it failed.

17. greator

greator GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    The easiest way is to use GodMode9. This can convert your .3ds into .cia. Then use FBI to install that .cia into the menu game.
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html

Game name? No you're wrong. You supposed to put Game Title ID there, not the game name. It's in numbers & letters like this '0004000000055D00'.

18. IndieKid

IndieKid Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thats what I meant my bad, I have the title id there.

plug313 likes this.
  19. TwoFootGiant

TwoFootGiant Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    new 2dsXL 11.8-41u. using r4isdhc RTS LITE (silver 2018) from r4isdhc . i used the luma installer on the system's sd, put the stock updated firmware for the card on the card's sd. and i have never been able to get the start+select+x+power to pull up a menu. now, i'm pretty sure my card is stuck flashed to ntrboot, and i can't flash it back to stock, as the cfw did not finalize.

"Unless your card has a NTRboot switch, or is already in NTRBoot mode, you will need to use the website to find your card, and follow the links. It will give you a file called NTR_Flasher.nds (This file can differ depending on what card you have) You will need to copy this file to your card, and run it as if it were a game, If done successfully, the card will no longer display as a game when inserted into the console. If you get this result, your card should now be NTRboot ready. From here, follow the video, You will have CFW in 10 mins." ~ statusquo from his comment section

now, the card is not allowing me to utilize it as ntr and do the button combo into luma, and it's not showing up on the homescreen as bomberman.
    what do i do?
    i've tried putting the stock firmware files back onto the r4's sd, but of course, i can't flash the card back, b/c it's not showing up on the homescreen.
    please help, it's my son's r4, we were trying to mod my 2ds before we messed up his gold triforce edition 3ds

20. TwoFootGiant

TwoFootGiant Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i got it handled in the discord.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, Luma3DS, Custom