Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Minox, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Show us a picture of your luma/payloads folder.

2. Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    okay here goes.

Attached Files:

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You have a9lh installed. You need to use the a9lh to b9s guide to upgrade to b9s first, then update Luma.
    Edit: here's the link to the guide
    https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Last edited by TheCyberQuake, Dec 27, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
  5. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    So I've been on a loop for 3 whole months and after so long i got my hands on the internet and power again, then saw that luma is now on 9.0 and updated it and all. But i realized that i cant go online and ask me to update my system when back then it wasnt even a issue. What did i miss here? Obviously im on 1.2 b9s with luma 9.0 on firm 11.3.

6. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Is that fork kind of Rosalina+AR3DS Handler?

Edit: Looks like cheats goes on "/luma/titles/[TID]/cheats.txt", reading the code on a commit.

Last edited by Billy Acuña, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    They took away the friend list patch that allowed you to go online on an out of date system. You have to update if you want to go online.

8. trecko1234

trecko1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    If for any reason you still want to stay on 11.3, you can re-add the paragraph of code that was the friends list patch and compile from source. The only reason I would see sticking on 11.3 is the screen brightness control works on NTR, and doesn't work past 11.3.

I missed the drama regarding that commit but just the title of the commit and the locked (and deleted) comments is enough to show you the attitude of the luma devs.

Billy Acuña and Quantumcat like this.
  9. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    Well that's annoyingly dissapointing. Also tell me more about this brightness control issue past 11.3 and ntr. Seems i have missed a lot of things in the past 3 months

10. trecko1234

trecko1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    It doesn't work 11.3+, that's it. You can easily downgrade this way though
    There was supposed to be development on that front for integrating brightness control lower than the normal amounts like NTR into Luma but the new year is right around the corner and here we are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
  13. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    in the code I got the format (or formats), but I do not fully understand how it is organized and that, I managed to introduce one of labyrinth no kanata but this applies is pressing select and I do not know how to add that, it is only activated at the moment that active but the cheat is not maintained as in NTR CFW.

That was with a simple code (type: 0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY, HP Girl 100% in my case), but like others of the type:

0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
    0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

It hangs when you want to activate it as happened with Fire Emblem Awakening and the Max Money. It's probably that I applied it badly but in itself... IT WORKS. If things were clarified it could be added to the main Luma3DS (Or that I would like XD)

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Dec 30, 2017
  14. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Does anyone have a compiled version of any recent commits (master branch)? Neither of the usual places have anything past commit 27f352f (trying to download any main branch builds past 27f352f on astronautlevel's page just returns a 404).

Zidapi likes this.
  15. Angelita Perez

Angelita Perez GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    Hello, I haven't update stuff in new3ds for a while, I do remember manually updating luma to 8.1.1
    can I just manually update luma to 9? is it still as simple as replacing it like before?

I have b9s 1.2, never updated fbi, rosalina, homebrew, etc since I did them together with luma 8.1

Do I need to update all that again? also while I read the changes in luma 9 I don't really understand much!

For regular people like me, is it good to update?

Thanks in advanced!!

16. Maxmeas

Maxmeas Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Switzerland
    FBI made some minor improvements. hblauncher got rosalina support so u wont need to install fbi.cia. worth mentioning is GodMode9, which got plenty additions like scripting support and advanced functionality! u don't need to update them, its not a must-have, but I really enjoy them especially GodMode9!

Last edited by Maxmeas, Jan 12, 2018
    Angelita Perez likes this.
  17. Angelita Perez

Angelita Perez GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the information, I will read and find out how to update them,
    is there any particular order in how to update them or it doesn't matter?

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  18. Maxmeas

Maxmeas Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Switzerland
    I would update luma first (just replace boot.firm)! Now its possible to put hblauncher in the root folder of your SD-card (boot.3dx), u can inject it in any app on the fly by (L) + (Down) + (Select). by rebooting your 3ds changes are gone.

Last edited by Maxmeas, Jan 12, 2018
  19. Jonkins

Jonkins Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey :)
    I have installed a .cia of the japanese game "Detective Pikachu". When I try to open it, I get a black screen after the 3DS logo. I have imported the seed and use the locale option of luma (I have a file "000400000018CA00.txt" in luma/locales with the content "JPN JP"), but it just doesnt work. I hope someone can help me.

20. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    I too am looking for a new source for nightlies. Aside from @astronautlevel page, the only other place I know is this buildbot but it hasn’t made a successful Luma for 3+ months :(

Last edited by Zidapi, Jan 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice