Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ever since FBI 2.0.something FBI can install DLC fine.

But can it properly reinstall DLC after it has been automatically deleted by the eshop? Because while 1.4.17 could install DLC just fine, it couldn't reinstall it properly for some reason. Only Devmenu2x could.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same impressions as you. I'm also using devmenu 11.4 because I feel the new FBI is slower to install and to load folders and such.

I still like using devmenu 11.4, since FBI 2 came out I've used it a lot less, it just feels slower (I don't know if it actually is or not).

BTW, i just checked last commit and wow at this: 253 additions and 7,552 deletions. That looks like some serious code cleanup.

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moved from ReiNAND to Luma3DS 5.4 and I have few problems:
First, the brightness on the top screen seems kinda off, the whole image is not as sharp as it used to be.
Secondly, after the initial setup using the config menu, I cannot re-enter the menu. Holding SELECT like crazy, at boot or in the home menu, but nothing happens.

Last time I tried AuReiNAND, it was 5.0 or 5.1 it worked properly. Now 5.4 doesn't.

I'm using Menuhax to boot directly into the CFW EmuNAND 10.7.0-32.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Moved from ReiNAND to Luma3DS 5.4 and I have few problems:
First, the brightness on the top screen seems kinda off, the whole image is not as sharp as it used to be.
Secondly, after the initial setup using the config menu, I cannot re-enter the menu. Holding SELECT like crazy, at boot or in the home menu, but nothing happens.

Last time I tried AuReiNAND, it was 5.0 or 5.1 it worked properly. Now 5.4 doesn't.

I'm using Menuhax to boot directly into the CFW EmuNAND 10.7.0-32.
In response to your first question, that has nothing to do with CFW. Check your brightness or just ignore it, because it's a placebo.

As for your second point, getting back into the config menu can be a pain when using menuhax. The best way is probably to delete config.bin in /luma/

Reactions: temp1312

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In response to your first question, that has nothing to do with CFW. Check your brightness or just ignore it, because it's a placebo.

As for your second point, getting back into the config menu can be a pain when using menuhax. The best way is probably to delete config.bin in /luma/

Thank you for the quick reply!

It's really not a placebo, because i tried to change the brightness and switching between the 5 levels takes 2-3 seconds to change, while before it was instant. Could it be from the Screen-init brightness settings in the config menu? I think I changed the default 4x to 1x.

As for the config menu, does this have to to with something in the newer versions, because at 5.0 it worked perfectly, everytime. Whats the best filemanager that have a CIA installer, so I can delete the config.bin file without removing the microSD card everytime (with a New 3DS that's a pain in the ass).

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the quick reply!

It's really not a placebo, because i tried to change the brightness and switching between the 5 levels takes 2-3 seconds to change, while before it was instant. Could it be from the Screen-init brightness settings in the config menu? I think I changed the default 4x to 1x.

As for the config menu, does this have to to with something in the newer versions, because at 5.0 it worked perfectly, everytime. Whats the best filemanager that have a CIA installer, so I can delete the config.bin file without removing the microSD card everytime (with a New 3DS that's a pain in the ass).
Use ctrxplorer for a sd managment app but it can't install cia

AnnappaPoojary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed a9lh+Luma3DS.

I cant open Friends List and Miiverse (In the top bar of home menu bottom screen). It gets stuck in the splash screen.

I have to power off to go back to hoke menu

Anybody have a solution? Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have installed a9lh+Luma3DS.

I cant open Friends List and Miiverse (In the top bar of home menu bottom screen). It gets stuck in the splash screen.

I have to power off to go back to hoke menu

Anybody have a solution? Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
You need to start it and then wait like 2 minutes or so. After that, it should behave normally.

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have A9LH, i want tó use the mode "protected NATIVE_FIRM"/" Updates sysnand mode", i need to put firmware90.bin? Or only the luma files to update my OLD without touch the NATIVE_FIRM.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I have A9LH, i want tó use the mode "protected NATIVE_FIRM"/" Updates sysnand mode", i need to put firmware90.bin? Or only the luma files to update my OLD without touch the NATIVE_FIRM.

Nope, you don't need to do any of that now since it now reads NATIVE_FIRM from the ctrnand itself. Just be sure "autoboot sysnand", "sysnand is updated", and "force a9lh detection" are enabled. The "show current nand" option is not required but is useful to make sure everything is working right before doing a system update.

Update: If you want to use NTR then you need to put the NTR firmware.bin in the luma folder, but if you don't use NTR then you don't need any of the firmware bins.

Last edited by nl255,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So interesting about 9.5 native firm support, I guess that's primarily for emunand users who have 9.5 sysysnand?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
About a recent changelog:

Renamed the "Use SysNAND FIRM as default" option to "SysNAND is updated" to make it more understandable

Why would this be more understandable? The first option tells you exactly what it does, it uses the baked in firm of the sysNAND as default, while the other option tells you a condition, that the sysANND is updated.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a recent changelog:
Why would this be more understandable? The first option tells you exactly what it does, it uses the baked in firm of the sysNAND as default, while the other option tells you a condition, that the sysANND is updated.
It was probably changed because there were people that were using that option even though they weren't using an 'updated SysNAND' set up and causing problems for themselves because they failed to read the wiki and know what that option was before turning it on.

Reactions: astronautlevel

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• e3f7e559-7c7d-4e31-9f3f-95a0e61188ed.jpg
    e3f7e559-7c7d-4e31-9f3f-95a0e61188ed.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 217

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea wtf that says lol. Load the eshop and tell me if it prompts for an update.
it said that an error had ocurred and tell me to reboot the system, but the error is the same and the eshop dont ask me for update you login atm in reply you

Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad