Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aurora, I have one important question.

Seeing how your work and mod seems to be the most focused on A9LH at the moment, I was wondering if perhaps you could add an option to be able to boot emunand in the 2.1 firmware?
I know that this might require the firmware specific offsets, firm files and other stuff, but by being able to boot an emunand in 2.1 we will have a way to be ABSOLUTELY sure if we downgraded (and patched in N3DS case) the emunand correctly.
That way, we know for sure that flashing the sysnand with such emunand will be completely brick-free for those that want to get the OTP file.

Just a quick suggestion that would greatly increase the range and use of your AuReiNAND mod. :P
That would be sick. The fact that 2.1 can't be tested is keeping me from doing the same on my N3DS.

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
was using reinand classic, last version, updated all files with mod one. but now it only works if i press L button, so it only works for sysnand.

something missing? i am using boot.3dsx for autobooting reinand mod pressing L

n3ds - 10.5 emunand

Last edited by mordorer,

MP2E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for all the hard work on AuReiNand!

Noticed when I updated arm9loaderhax and updated from AuReiNand v3.5.3 to v3.6.1 a few of my GBA ambassador titles are exhibiting weird behavior. The screen is shifted up too much and wraps around into the bottom. I have uploaded some pictures of a few games with the issue. Hitting the home button makes it move up even more..

I noticed it doesn't happen for most titles, of the US GBA ambassador titles only Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4 and Warioware had the issue.

http://imgur.com/Rvclp82,3hTKxJh,5zejOFY,1mAnATG,YpPODXh,7sH7mgm

The repeat pics show it shifting up more when I press the home button

This is on a New 3DS XL running 10.6 on sysnand. I use a patched agbfirm installed to sysnand by fbi, there were no issues with v3.5.3 or any other custom firmware previously. Tested every title multiple times, titles that didn't exhibit the behavior the first time never did, titles that did showed it every time, whether I booted straight into it or played another GBA VC game first, exited, then tried it.

This might be a coincidence but I noticed that each of the GBA roms used that have the bug are 8192kb. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, probably not, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway

Hope this helps

Last edited by MP2E,

nameist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi! I got a few questions because I'm not sure I fully understand:

Why are there two different firmware.bin files (firmware.bin and firmware90.bin) and what exactly is the difference? What are the advantages of each respective file and when should I use one over the other?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's easy to check. With bootctr, delete the installeda9lh flag. Leave the updatedsysnand flag. If by default it boots sysnand, a9lh is detected. I see no reason why it wouldn't, as it's really unlikely bootctr enables the serial interface registers XD

Reactions: dkabot and peteruk

Sun_Spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get stuck in a black screen. I get that "an error has ocurred" message, as if the AGB_FIRM sig patches had not been applied
(or what happens when we're trying to play a game on an unlinked emunand without installing it in the sysnand).

EDIT: Ah yeah it was just the AGB_FIRM. I had installed it with a more recent DevMenu and overlooked the "Software already installed" warning.
Fixed it by installing with the older DevMenu that ignores that.
Can you tell me where I can get this older DevMenu I'm having the same issue with GBA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm back. Just really tired.
    Hey. I'm really tired too. Going to eat my ham, green beans, and stuffing then take a nap. lol
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Hey. I'm really tired too. Going to eat my ham, green beans, and stuffing then take a nap. lol +1