Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated to B9S 1.2, Luma 8.0 and hbmenu 2.0.0.
When trying to start the .3dsx version of EasyRPG Player I get the following message:

Rosalina
This homebrew exploit does not have support
for launching applications under target titles.
Please use a different exploit.

Is this supposed to happen?

Yes it is and it will not be fixed. I suggest you either port it to cia format or convince the developers to do so. See https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/547

Update: You can get a cia version here under the "other" tab: https://easyrpg.org/player/downloads/

Last edited by nl255,

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I know that there is a cia version.

Are you sure this is the same issue? EasyRPG Player plays RPG Maker games from the SD card. I don't see how it would require a target title.

I don't know why either, you would have to check the EasyRPG Player source code to see if it does. But for now, just use the cia.

MasterViper81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after doing the update to boot9strap 1.2 and updating to luma 8.0 how do i go into the chainloader for luma? Also how do I get into the menu to enable user string in emunand and that setting? Everytime I hold start at boot it takes me to godmode9
You have to hold select while booting to boot into luma.

Last edited by MasterViper81,

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after doing the update to boot9strap 1.2 and updating to luma 8.0 how do i go into the chainloader for luma? Also how do I get into the menu to enable user string in emunand and that setting? Everytime I hold start at boot it takes me to godmode9
What other payloads do you have? If you only have godmode, then holding start while you power on will just take you there and not to the chainloader menu. Holding select while you power on takes you to the luma settings.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only boot into the chainloader if you have more than one .firm payload in your luma/payloads folder. And for the string in emuNAND, press Select when you boot your system and enable "Show NAND or user string in System Settings".

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put a second bootable payload in the payloads folder and it will open the menu - it only auto-boots into something when there is only one payload. The B9S versions of Luma, for whatever reason, dropped support for chainloading A9LH payloads, so it has to be a .firm.

NotSolidSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had that problem before try deleting your payload from the sdcard and put the new payload back on
The only thing in my payload folder is GodMode9, should there be something else in there?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i had that problem before try deleting your payload from the sdcard and put the new payload back on
I just reinstalled my payload, but same problem. Do you know anything else that might work? Thanks for the help btw

Ryuhouji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My luma3ds updater is having trouble getting the download data for updating. I tried manually downloading the package and putting it on the sdcard, and that didn't seem to work.
wcYGm.jpg

The 3ds is otherwise functional and all cfw features are working fine for me. Any help would be appreciated.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My luma3ds updater is having trouble getting the download data for updating. I tried manually downloading the package and putting it on the sdcard, and that didn't seem to work.
wcYGm.jpg

The 3ds is otherwise functional and all cfw features are working fine for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Luma3DS no longer supports a9lh. You'll have to update to boot9strap to take advantage of new Luma releases.

D

Deleted User

The only thing in my payload folder is GodMode9, should there be something else in there?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just reinstalled my payload, but same problem. Do you know anything else that might work? Thanks for the help btw
try reinstalling boot.firm

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Turns out Rosalina is still a LITTLE buggy. I was playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I opened Rosalina, and when I closed it... Yeah...
IMG_20170606_214749.jpg

(I apologise for the poor image quality.)
The system was frozen and there was nothing except those two solid colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended