Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will see if this is possible, but I can't guarantee anything just yet. The crash that happens with no internet connection has been fixed, at least. If anything, this will not be in v2.1.
I would like to make a future request, in the future can you look into telling the app where to place the update with the ability to change the name? I ask this just in case bootanim9 gets updated for b9s but personally there's no rush hell I'm not going to use b9s till either bootanim9 or 3dsafe gets updated, those are in my opinion the second and third best things to come out of a9lh the first being "brick protection" or brick recovery.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make a future request, in the future can you look into telling the app where to place the update with the ability to change the name? I ask this just in case bootanim9 gets updated for b9s but personally there's no rush hell I'm not going to use b9s till either bootanim9 or 3dsafe gets updated, those are in my opinion the second and third best things to come out of a9lh the first being "brick protection" or brick recovery.
That's what the lumaupdater.cfg file is for (for update placement anyways), but that's having issues at the moment. I still need the time to test that out and see what's going on with it. This also won't be in v2.1 for those wondering.

Reactions: lonewolf08

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what the lumaupdater.cfg file is for (for update placement anyways), but that's having issues at the moment. I still need the time to test that out and see what's going on with it. This also won't be in v2.1 for those wondering.
Alright cool thanks! Good luck and thanks for your work.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would take me longer to implement something like that, and I'm bound to mess something up. The app is already almost finished, people are anxious for the update, and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of time in the days coming up to properly work on it.

TBH, I think it would be best if you didn't have LumaUpdater write anything to the CTRNAND. It's not something you want to write to without good cause, and because the SDless Luma is a fallback feature anyway, automatically updating it without good cause is not really an ideal setup. And if you do want to update, Godmode9 and FBI make it quite easy to just copy-paste your latest boot.firm (and if users aren't comfortable with this, they probably don't know enough to safely mess with their NAND anyway). Plus, less work and bugfixing for you.

That being said, other people want it, so if you feel compelled to do it, having it be optional would be ideal. Thank you!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I think it would be best if you didn't have LumaUpdater write anything to the CTRNAND. It's not something you want to write to without good cause, and because the SDless Luma is a fallback feature anyway, automatically updating it without good cause is not really an ideal setup. And if you do want to update, Godmode9 and FBI make it quite easy to just copy-paste your latest boot.firm (and if users aren't comfortable with this, they probably don't know enough to safely mess with their NAND anyway). Plus, less work and bugfixing for you.

That being said, other people want it, so if you feel compelled to do it, having it be optional would be ideal. Thank you!
I understand where you're coming from on this. Until I learn more about LumaUpdater's code, it won't be optional for this next release. While using GM9/FBI to copy it over to the NAND is ideal, some people would prefer it to be a part of LU so that they don't have to manually move it. I'm not comfortable with modifying/adding anything like adding options until I learn more about the code and how it flows. If I figure anything out, it will be optional in the future.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry? Trust me, you are doing something great for the community, no need to be sorry for anything. Keep up the great work.
^^' Thanks! I was saying sorry for removing that. I think I removed it when I was cleaning up the app for v1.5.

EDIT: It's been fixed.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the curious. A certain hourly site is working again in v2.1:
Ft6WD7H.png

Image was enlarged to show the text better.
Not sure if this matters to you or not but I'm still on v2.0 and the hourlies show up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.