Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
it's better since users can dump their own bootrom and otp at any point, which means they can do things like de/encrypt games on PC without a 3DS in the middle.

dropping older entrypoints is less code to maintain, and I think devs really don't want to support a9lh anymore when b9s is easier and better to work with.

as for Decrypt9WIP, the newer tool is GodMode9 (which got b9s support too) and I don't know if D9WIP will be updated.

I would hope that hourglass9 at least gets an update at least. Or someone makes a bin2firm converter.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
as for Decrypt9WIP, the newer tool is GodMode9 (which got b9s support too) and I don't know if D9WIP will be updated.
I would like to mention that Decrypt9, hourglass9, emuNAND9, and GodMode9 are all made and maintained by the same dude.
So chances are they are all going to get Sighax support.
This isn't directed at you, just a statement to clear up any future confusion from members.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I noticed with sighax, Luma3DS seems to work just fine from the CTRNAND, but it doesn't boot the payloads nor the bootslashes when the "boot.firm" isn't in the root of the SD card.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sighax Users:

v2.0 of Luma Updater is out!

For now, this only downloads the latest version of boot.firm. The hourly builds are broken for whatever reason (there is no boot.firm in the "out" folder when you download the hourly).

https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.0

I have also made a Github issue for Plailect's guide telling him of this version. Maybe he'll take a look at it...?

A9LH users are out of luck, and if they want to utilize future Luma3DS versions, they will need to switch to sighax.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was able to get Luma on CTRNAND to boot GodMode9.firm from CTRNAND just fine.
I guess everything has to be in the CTRNAND to work. I had GodMode9 and the bootsplashes still on my microSD card.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: SnakeOil992

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by Februarysn0w,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright First i just wanna say thank you. :)
I have successfully installed this bootstrap9 thing, but i have questions the guide did not answer.
  1. Can i update my system from 11.2 to 11.4 Safely?
  2. Do i continue to use luma updater for future updates?
  3. Once I setup bootstrap9 and then put the boot.firm file on the nand, is it the same as booting without sd card?
  4. I used to be able to make the screen flash when booting by renaming arm9loaderhax_si.bin can i still do this with this boot strap?
  5. If the answer to 4 is possible, the setup i had was having arm9loaderhax_si.bin, using this would make DSIware and GBA games not work, the way i fixed it was creating a file name path.txt and putting it in the luma folder and writing "/arm9loaderhax_si.bin" in the text file. So would i need to keep using it?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to mention that Decrypt9, hourglass9, emuNAND9, and GodMode9 are all made and maintained by the same dude.
So chances are they are all going to get Sighax support.
This isn't directed at you, just a statement to clear up any future confusion from members.

I guess the .bin payloads don't work anymore, right? Sorry, it's just kind of early here.

There is a converter as well as pre-converted d9wip/hg9 payloads here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...derhax-payloads-to-firms.471144/#post-7319608 . Note that I did minimal testing with the payloads so make a nand backup with gm9 before doing anything potentially dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol