Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
does the layeredfs feature support MHXX? Im getting a infinite 3ds boot logo. same for monster hunter stories
I tested the current released translation and got a bootloop as well. But when I did a later crash test, I was able to get it to crash. So it's not Luma3DS that is the issue.

XiaoDii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Update from previous nightly version(downloaded some weeks ago) to 7.0 and the previously working HANS romfs files no longer work. Does LayeredFS support conflict with HANS romfs support? Find it not easy to extract the HANS romfs files(so sad). Maybe i should use HANS again :(

36gianni36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What game are you doing it with? I mean what region is the game you using?

I tested Triforce heroes & Marioparty star rush (Both EU CIA) on my PAL 3DS and JP 3DS, when I start Download play on my PAL 3DS es they can find each other but my JP 3ds can't, and when I run the game on my JP 3DS the Pal ones can't find it.
Also MK7 (Gamecard crashes when I make a room on the JP 3ds)

Like this: http://i.imgur.com/0hy8uop.jpg

Edit: change img to url

Last edited by 36gianni36,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Btw does this new cross-region download play require both of the consoles having Luma3DS?

I believe it does, haven't tested it myself though.

I don't think you can Download Play a JPN game to a US console for example if it doesn't have Luma.

You MIGHT be able to say Download Play a JPN game to a JPN console that doesn't have Luma, either way unless everyone has got CFW chances are you aren't using Download Play and if everyone has CFW you could all have the game.

I feel its a little miss-leading calling it Region-Free Download Play, its more like Region-Free Local Play, I know before this feature was added into Luma you couldn't even start up a Local Lobby in Taiko Mystery Adventure but now you can.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Btw does this new cross-region download play require both of the consoles having Luma3DS?
Last time I tested this, I tested it with Luma3DS to a private CFW and I also tested this with Luma3DS to Corbenik. All of them worked for me.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Last time I tested this, I tested it with Luma3DS to a private CFW and I also tested this with Luma3DS to Corbenik. All of them worked for me.

As long as whatever device receiving the game has a CFW that patches out the Region Checking it looks like it works regardless of Luma being on the client then.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As long as whatever device receiving the game has a CFW that patches out the Region Checking it looks like it works regardless of Luma being on the client then.
That what it seems like to me and I guess my tests confirms that

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may be a ridiculous question ... but now that i have updated luma on my CTRnand ... is there any way to say load godmode9 for example from nand? ... i know luma has a chainloader and will give a menu of various installed payloads but just for giggles is it possible to copy them to CTRnand and run them from there? ... i have experimented but had no luck so i figured i would see what the community says about my odd idea (i do like to experiment alot so i can learn what works and doesent work) ... i keep regular backups for just that reason lol

also i dont really use DSi titles or stuff like that so over half my nand is still unused and i figured i would try to put some of that space to use for somthing

pixelmasher said:
I believe d0k3 added CTRNAND loading support a while back. You have to have the payloads on CTRNAND in the luma/payloads directory.

thanks for the reply ... i will have to try that in the morning before i go to work ... its 1am here now and i am tired so imma go tip over now lol

well i tried doing the luma/payloads thing in CTRnand and it just acted as if there was nothing there so i am wondering if that support for booting payloads from nand other than luma/arm9loaderhax.bin was ever actually implemented ... either that or there is a luma setting i am missing somewhere .... its not too important for me to make this work ... it was more an experiment than anything

Last edited by Crimson-Fyre,
D

Deleted User

Can we change the button combo on the chainloader? It's kinda odd that you have to hold L+start to launch the start_payload.bin.

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a good question ... i have never looked into that because i just use the chainloader function to list my payloads and then select what i want to use at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup