Not open for further replies.

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!
I have a question. So I followed 3DS.guide to the end and everything works great. However, I need more space and have purchased a new SD card. Do I need to redo the entire guide with my new SD Card or can I just copy all the files over from the old SD to the new one? Thanks!

Just copy.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@Aurora Wright I'm glad to see you're back, I know that feeling when we're busy dealing with IRL matters outside of Internet, I wish the best for you. ^^

I can't wait to hear any updates and progression you have for Luma3DS.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Launch the game, go to the spot/menu where you think the game will load the romfs file(s). If you see a "prefetch abort (svcBreak)" then layeredfs is working. The crash is intentional and makes it easier to test.

Tell me which games don't work, if you're sure you followed the instructions correctly.

Is it like this?

32IaWgc.jpg

Used Pokemon Moon,

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. Mind posting screenshots of your SD card's root, the luma folder, and the payloads folder?

Also, what happens if you boot your 3DS without the SD card in?

Edit: Try deleting the config file in the luma folder.

Deleted the config file, still doesnt work.
Without the sd card it says Error writing the config file. (This also happened before I deleted it .)
upload_2017-4-14_21-10-59.png

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleted the config file, still doesnt work.
Without the sd card it says Error writing the config file. (This also happened before I deleted it .)
View attachment 84246

Strange.

Alright, first, try redownloading Luma 6.3.1 from github. Maybe something got screwed up.

Next, go to the troubleshooting part of the guide: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

And go down to the part that says, "Black screen on SysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax."

(You do have sysNAND, right?)

If you follow all of those steps and nothing happens... yeah, I have no idea.

Tech0verlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I seem to be experiencing an issue that causes the 3ds to hang infinitely when using LayeredFS. So far, I can confirm it affects 2 games, both different region from my 3ds. It seems that it might be an isolated issue though, as I can get Pokémon X to run the Neo X mod through LayeredFS. I went ahead and opened an issue on github, just in case, more details there.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
j
Can i rename 11.2 payload and use on 11.4 with O3ds

You should be able to. That is what I did on my n3DS (the 11.4 payloads don't have the greatest compatibility even on n3DS). The 11.2 payloads used gspwn which was patched in 11.3 but one of the nightlies unpatched it.

The worst that can happen is that it won't work and will hang the system forcing you to reboot.

Last edited by nl255,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone noted that Region Changing stop working on latest nightlies? Yes, I'm using /luma/titles/TITLE_ID/locale.txt changing the TILE_ID for the game I'm testing. Used to works on other nightlies I had (december), I don't know when stop working.

Hang on there's nightlie builds if Luma, are these advised to use over the Aurora Wrights stable 6.6 release in Nov '16?. What's the URL?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys!
I have a question. So I followed 3DS.guide to the end and everything works great. However, I need more space and have purchased a new SD card. Do I need to redo the entire guide with my new SD Card or can I just copy all the files over from the old SD to the new one? Thanks!
Just copy everything over.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I'm not dead for those who were concerned (just having a bad period irl).
In fact, thanks to delebile's hard work, Luma is getting NTR-like LayeredFS support. It just needs testing for compatibility to make sure it's all okay.
You can help if you want:
Testing build: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/240062904504680448/302274662656901120/arm9loaderhax.zip
- Open RomFS file explorer using the homebrew launcher: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-romfs-file-explorer.434241 and choose a game
- Navigate to "romfs", and find files that are likely to be loaded by the game in a predictable spot/menu (I used files with "menu", "mainmenu" or names like that in my tests)
- Copy them to the SD card, in /luma/titles/<gameid>/romfs/ (where romfs is a folder and <gameid> is the game's titleid taken from here http://www.3dsdb.com/ - make sure the region matches! - . You can alternatively find the titleid of the game in FBI by selecting "Titles," then hovering over the game as it's listed in the menu: The titleid will appear on the top screen.). You might have to create these folders on the computer first, as romfs explorer doesn't have a full file manager. Make also sure to respect the folder structure (as an example, a file in a folder called "menu" in the romfs will need to be in /luma/titles/<gameid>/romfs/menu).
- In the Luma config, enable the exception handlers, the service/svc patch, and game patching. It's important to enable these
- Launch the game, go to the spot/menu where you think the game will load the romfs file(s). If you see a "prefetch abort (svcBreak)" then layeredfs is working. The crash is intentional and makes it easier to test.

Tell me which games don't work, if you're sure you followed the instructions correctly.
Been testing it, here's my list
“Works” because you know, the game crashes...so it “works” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In order as I tested them. Everything tested on a new3DS and most of the games are the US versions and some Japanese games.
“?” given to games that won’t crash upon the first attempt. Follow up will attempt a crash with second attempt
The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds: “Works”
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D: “Works”
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: “Works”
Animal Crossing: New Leaf : “Works”
Moon Chronicles: “Works”
Resident Evil – Revelations : “Works”
Corpse Party: “Works”
Harvest Moon: Skytree Village: “Works”
River City: Tokyo Rumble: “Works”
Retro City Rampage: DX: “Works”
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies: “Works”
Ikachan: “Worked”
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: “Works”
Etrian Odyssey Untold - The Millennium Girl: ?
Shin Megami Tensei IV: “Works”
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse; “Works”
Mario Kart 7: “Works”
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: “Works”
Rune Factory 4: “Works”
Citizens of Earth 1.1: “Works”
7th Dragon III Code: VFD: ?
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past: Did this weird glitchy screen, but didn’t crash.
Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan: “Worked”
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: “Worked”
Etrian Mystery Dungeon: “Worked”
Shovel Knight: ?
Monster Hunter Generations: “Works”
Monster Hunter XX: Double Cross: “Works” (JP not translated)
Final Fantasy Explorers: “Works”
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: “Worked”
Pokemon Y: “Worked”
Pokemon Omega Ruby: “Worked”
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D: “Worked” JP with translated
Pokemon Moon: “Worked”
Cave Story: “Worked”
Code of Princess: “Worked”
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate: “Worked”
Shantae and the Pirates Curse: ?
Maple Story: Unmei no Shoujo: ? (JP with English Translation)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns: “Worked”
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: “Worked”

Second attempt
Shantae and the Pirates Curse: Reason broken? Wrong ID. Did I fix it? Yes
Maple Story: Unmei no Shoujo: Reason broken: Unknown. Did I fix it? Yes, most likely not enough files to read from.
Shovel Knight: Reason broken? Not enough files to read from: Did I fix it? Yes
7th Dragon III Code: VFD: Reason broken? Romfs was missing: Did I fix it? Yes
Etrian Odyssey Untold - The Millennium Girl: Reason Broken? Not enough files to read from: Did I fix it? Yes

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you! And to everyone else that helped me!
One last question, am I ok to upgrade to 11.4 now that I went through the guide or is it still buggy?
The latest Luma Nightly has fixed the reboot patches. So once you get everything installed and you are confirmed to using A9LH, you are safe to update.
Just make sure you are using the nightly build of Luma3DS
http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Icedburden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Luma Nightly has fixed the reboot patches. So once you get everything installed and you are confirmed to using A9LH, you are safe to update.
Just make sure you are using the nightly build of Luma3DS
http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Ok, do I just go through lumaupdater for that? I've only started playing my 3ds this week so I'm not very familiar with all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.