Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone noted that Region Changing stop working on latest nightlies? Yes, I'm using /luma/titles/TITLE_ID/locale.txt changing the TILE_ID for the game I'm testing. Used to works on other nightlies I had (december), I don't know when stop working.
Fixed, thanks. Mistake when doing changes for layeredFs.

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
My n3dsxl isnt booting
Installed a9lh months ago on my n3dsxl.
Haven't used it in a while, decided to update luma.
Running luma 6.3.1 and updated to v6.6 with the luma updater.
It didnt boot, so I restored the .bak file for 6.3.1 and its still not booting.
It just comes to a black screen. and its not the ErrDisp 'svcBreak' error.
  1. Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu, and toggle the Developer options to ErrDisp.
  2. Attempt to boot. If you see a "svcBreak" in the "loader" process, go ahead with the steps. Otherwise, you have a different issue.
Apparently I have a different issue. Help!!!

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a datapoint, I updated to the latest bleeding-edge build (with the crash removed) and succesfully got booted into the Star Sapphire title screen… but then realized I was running late for work so didn't extensively test :P

A couple questions about Luma's LayeredFS implementation!

Does it support games that normally would require SaltySD (Pokemon SuMo and Smash)? Would be nice to get rid of it and help find bugs (if any) with Luma if possible…

How does LayeredFS work with updates? Do update files take precedence to SD-redirected files? If so, can we create a directory with the update's title ID to SD-redirect files in the updates?

Thanks again for your awesome work and glad to see you back!

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just as a datapoint, I updated to the latest bleeding-edge build (with the crash removed) and succesfully got booted into the Star Sapphire title screen… but then realized I was running late for work so didn't extensively test :P

A couple questions about Luma's LayeredFS implementation!

Does it support games that normally would require SaltySD (Pokemon SuMo and Smash)? Would be nice to get rid of it and help find bugs (if any) with Luma if possible…

How does LayeredFS work with updates? Do update files take precedence to SD-redirected files? If so, can we create a directory with the update's title ID to SD-redirect files in the updates?

Thanks again for your awesome work and glad to see you back!
Yes and no, SD files take precedence over updates (even reads from the updates' RomFS are redirected)

Reactions: amgupt01

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If no layeredFS issues are found by tomorrow we'll release a major update, that's why I posted that testing build
Okay, thanks for the information. I was just asking, if there wasn't anymore updates i was deciding if i still needed the luma updater cia if it make sense. No need for it with no updates. :P

You don't seem to check pm often do you? Must be busy. :ninja:

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably stupid question but let me ask anyways. With plates nightly, can j do something with uncensored patch of bravely second? The folder name is "bseu_decent" in the root of my SD card and inside has a folder holding all the goods for uncensoring the game which of course required ntr for it to work. But I would like to know if it could work without ntr.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not dead for those who were concerned (just having a bad period irl).
In fact, thanks to delebile's hard work, Luma is getting NTR-like LayeredFS support. It just needs testing for compatibility to make sure it's all okay.
You can help if you want:
Testing build: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/240062904504680448/302274662656901120/arm9loaderhax.zip
- Open RomFS file explorer using the homebrew launcher: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-romfs-file-explorer.434241 and choose a game
- Navigate to "romfs", and find files that are likely to be loaded by the game in a predictable spot/menu (I used files with "menu", "mainmenu" or names like that in my tests)
- Copy them to the SD card, in /luma/titles/<gameid>/romfs/ (where romfs is a folder and <gameid> is the game's titleid taken from here http://www.3dsdb.com/ - make sure the region matches! - . You can alternatively find the titleid of the game in FBI by selecting "Titles," then hovering over the game as it's listed in the menu: The titleid will appear on the top screen.). You might have to create these folders on the computer first, as romfs explorer doesn't have a full file manager. Make also sure to respect the folder structure (as an example, a file in a folder called "menu" in the romfs will need to be in /luma/titles/<gameid>/romfs/menu).
- In the Luma config, enable the exception handlers, the service/svc patch, and game patching. It's important to enable these
- Launch the game, go to the spot/menu where you think the game will load the romfs file(s). If you see a "prefetch abort (svcBreak)" then layeredfs is working. The crash is intentional and makes it easier to test.

Tell me which games don't work, if you're sure you followed the instructions correctly.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is working great, thank's so much for adding this!

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys!
I have a question. So I followed 3DS.guide to the end and everything works great. However, I need more space and have purchased a new SD card. Do I need to redo the entire guide with my new SD Card or can I just copy all the files over from the old SD to the new one? Thanks!
Copy and paste

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If no layeredFS issues are found by tomorrow we'll release a major update, that's why I posted that testing build
Will the new update fix Homebrew Loader on O3ds or do we need to wait for new payloads? Thanks

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n3dsxl isnt booting
Installed a9lh months ago on my n3dsxl.
Haven't used it in a while, decided to update luma.
Running luma 6.3.1 and updated to v6.6 with the luma updater.
It didnt boot, so I restored the .bak file for 6.3.1 and its still not booting.
It just comes to a black screen. and its not the ErrDisp 'svcBreak' error.
  1. Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu, and toggle the Developer options to ErrDisp.
  2. Attempt to boot. If you see a "svcBreak" in the "loader" process, go ahead with the steps. Otherwise, you have a different issue.
Apparently I have a different issue. Help!!!

That's strange. Mind posting screenshots of your SD card's root, the luma folder, and the payloads folder?

Also, what happens if you boot your 3DS without the SD card in?

Edit: Try deleting the config file in the luma folder.

Last edited by kingaz,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!