Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys. I have a question. I have A9LH on my 3DS and I have read the new thing about CTRNAND. I am using Emunand and I am leaving my sysnand on 9.2 FW. Can I install Luma on CTRNAND like this?
first of all, it not new. its what the noobs and most of the people call sd-less a9lh, since it reads the arm9loaderhax.bin out of the ctrnand partition of your nand, what allows payload execution without the sd card inserted.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
first of all, it not new. its what the noobs and most of the people call sd-less a9lh, since it reads the arm9loaderhax.bin out of the ctrnand partition of your nand, what allows payload execution without the sd card inserted.

Well, it is new for me as I have been off the hook for some months. Regardless of that, if it is reading arm9loaderhax.bin out of the ctrnand partition then it means that the arm9loaderhax.bin has been copied to the ctrnand. However can it be accessed in 9.2 FW or does it need another requirement for it to work?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it is new for me as I have been off the hook for some months. Regardless of that, if it is reading arm9loaderhax.bin out of the ctrnand partition then it means that the arm9loaderhax.bin has been copied to the ctrnand. However can it be accessed in 9.2 FW or does it need another requirement for it to work?
the only requirement is a9lh v3 and a way to copy the payload tothe root of your ctrnand partition. btw you´re in the wrong thread, this one is meant for Luma3DS related questions, yours about a9lh

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
the only requirement is a9lh v3 and a way to copy the payload tothe root of your ctrnand partition. btw you´re in the wrong thread, this one is meant for Luma3DS related questions, yours about a9lh

Ok, thanks. I am not in the wrong thread. My first question implied adding luma to ctrnand.

Reactions: adrifcastr

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hahaha. Technically I did ask for that. However this arm9 payload happened to be the luma3ds one. :rofl:. Alles güte. :grog:
alright, but btw yo soy medio espanol, y no bebo cerveza (I´m half spanish and I don´t drink beer)
so anyways before this gets more offtopic, I´m glad i could help you, have a nice day :)

Reactions: Bullseye

johanson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hi I have noob question. I'm on luma3ds 6.6 new3ds xl 11.2.0-35E. I don't have a9lh. can I update my emunand to latest version like always through system settings in emunand? Just want to confirmation because I don't want to lost my emunand

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I have noob question. I'm on luma3ds 6.6 new3ds xl 11.2.0-35E. I don't have a9lh. can I update my emunand to latest version like always through system settings in emunand? Just want to confirmation because I don't want to lost my emunand
yes. anyways there is no practical use of emunand anymore.

Reactions: johanson

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you should be able to do so, but it really is not recommended anymore. Sysnand has better performance, boots quicker and has several other advantages over emunand. Also, since you're on an easily exploitable sysnand, you would just need to backup emunand, install a9lh and then inject it back to sysnand. Really easy.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
After update to the latest nightly, title region changing stop working. It works fine on official release 6.6. What's going on? Neither manual txt input or Luma Locale Switcher are working.

Reactions: nechigawara

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Agronaut022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can somody help me? I cant uuse any Dsi Ware games or start retail ds games. It always results in an error log.
I already tried The Luma troubleshoot guide and just uupdatet my 3ds to latest version.

error dump:

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000018.zip
    351 bytes · Views: 97

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
You're using nightly. It's not the stable release. The wiki and the LumaLocaleSwitcher work as intended on 6.6 stable.
If you can't figure this stuff out, you should be using the latest stable.
Well.. I'd love to use the stable version but I'm on 11.3 FW and need to use a nightly because of Homebrew Launcher.

ant92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me why my version number is all messed up?

Attachments

• IMG_4967.JPG
    IMG_4967.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1