Status
Not open for further replies.

khaeroup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i'm using CTRBootManager+Emunand, and with the latest updated i had to edit the config file to have it properly boot. However i noticed there are 2 possible way to boot it for me: using .3dsx file in menuhax folder and using .dat file in mset-spider.

Now...what's the difference between these two methods?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, i'm using CTRBootManager+Emunand, and with the latest updated i had to edit the config file to have it properly boot. However i noticed there are 2 possible way to boot it for me: using .3dsx file in menuhax folder and using .dat file in mset-spider.

Now...what's the difference between these two methods?
boot rate is different btween 3dsx and dat. If you use these method I recommend you to install CFW ".dat" file.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
a cool thing to add to this would to be able to take screen shoots don't have to boot ntr and so if you don't boot it you can stil take screen shots any time you like

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just completed installing CFW on my N3dsXL using Plailects guide, and just wanted to ask if I would need to access the eshop via the home-brew launcher to download game demos, or can I use the official eshop?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just completed installing CFW on my N3dsXL using Plailects guide, and just wanted to ask if I would need to access the eshop via the home-brew launcher to download game demos, or can I use the official eshop?
Use official eShop, freeShop, or CIAngel. The eShop innthe Homebrew Launcher is for lower firmwares, like 9.x.

Reactions: qweblim

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You can use the oficial eShop. Or you can download them via CIAngel

Use official eShop, freeShop, or CIAngel. The eShop innthe Homebrew Launcher is for lower firmwares, like 9.x.

Thanks all for your kind answers! I appreciate the help :)

Another quick question would be regarding the firmware spoofing - A few guides have mentioned some .cias don't have a 'firmware spoof' to be used in CFW, what would be the best way around this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind - I took a gander and found CIAngel to have sorted my troubles out!

Last edited by qweblim,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

squky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last month (on 9/20) I tried updating Luma with Luma Updater, and ever since I get a blackscreen on boot. System is an o3DS with a9lh and Emurand11.0. Booting the Luma Config menu shows Luma3DS v6.2.3-baicf647 as the version installed after I updated that day.
I tried researching how to fix it myself but I just can't figure it out. Assistance would be heavily appreciated.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last month (on 9/20) I tried updating Luma with Luma Updater, and ever since I get a blackscreen on boot. System is an o3DS with a9lh and Emurand11.0. Booting the Luma Config menu shows Luma3DS v6.2.3-baicf647 as the version installed after I updated that day.
I tried researching how to fix it myself but I just can't figure it out. Assistance would be heavily appreciated.

Weird, I'm going to say to check the settings first? (Since you have a emuNAND ; which is weird btw lol) but incase you didn't know, you can manually update Luma3DS from here. Just download the newest release and drag the arm9loaderhax.bin to wherever you have it set to load from (usually just from root)

squky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I'm going to say to check the settings first? (Since you have a emuNAND ; which is weird btw lol) but incase you didn't know, you can manually update Luma3DS from here. Just download the newest release and drag the arm9loaderhax.bin to wherever you have it set to load from (usually just from root)
Worked! (the backup .bin file that Luma Updater made didn't though. weird)

And sorry to sound like a total noob here, but it's my first time doing this and I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to fuck this up.
I want to update to firmware 11.1 so I can use the internet again. If "Autoboot SysNAND" is unchecked and you boot up normally, are you safe to go ahead into system settings and hit system update?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked! (the backup .bin file that Luma Updater made didn't though. weird)

And sorry to sound like a total noob here, but it's my first time doing this and I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to fuck this up.
I want to update to firmware 11.1 so I can use the internet again. If "Autoboot SysNAND" is unchecked and you boot up normally, are you safe to go ahead into system settings and hit system update?

As long as you're in emuNAND you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: LOL K3N. HAHAH!