Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you downgrade From GW Menu in the past ?
if so read the faq of Luma3DS.

I had trouble with Luma3DS, switching from AuReiNand. BlackScreen on Luma3DS but it worked on AuReiNand so i red the faq to solve my preoblem. It was the downgrade from GW Menu.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting
I never downgraded my 3DS
I've tried already to formatt Emunand and my SD card and tried CFW's like Rxtools, Luma, ReiNAND, AuReiNAND, miniPASTA...
Only miniPASTA worked in SysNAND, the others just blackscreen.
And in Luma3DS I never get the Config menu

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the autoboot sysnand in config, can you make an option to set your own button combo? Found the youngest one hold L a few times now when holding it one hand.

Sollux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I'm following the guide from the troubleshooting and faq, but when i try to boot sysnand with either rxtools or luma3ds it doesn't boot...? But if i boot rednand with luma3ds it boots fine. Should i just fix my rednand and flash it to sysnand?

9.2 red and sys nand [firmware.bin in luma folder]
o3ds
downgraded with gateway before

following a few guides but i cant boot into sysnand with luma3ds which i need to do to fix the cias that are on luma's faq right?

edit: flashing fixed emunand to sysnand fixed it.

Last edited by Sollux,

Blueman7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My X, y, and start commands are not evoking on boot. I have made sure I have the current versions of decrypt, hourglass and emunand. Any ideas to fix this?

hibachib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are your payloads in the appropriate folder (root:/luma/payloads) and named appropriately (i.e. "start_insertnamehere.bin", "y_whatever.bin", etc.)?

Last edited by hibachib,

Kinto77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to have a setting in the configuration so at boot, there is a screen where we can chose which payloads to start with.
I always forget which button I have to keep pressed to boot decrypt9 or the other ones

Appiccicato col G4

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to have a setting in the configuration so at boot, there is a screen where we can chose which payloads to start with.
I always forget which button I have to keep pressed to boot decrypt9 or the other ones

Appiccicato col G4
Alternatively, you could just have 1 payload in that folder (you can probably remember 1 key ;)) and that would be CtrBootManager9, which gives you a menu from which you'd be able to select what you wanted to boot exactly.

Reactions: Kinto77

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Appiccicato col G4
Yes get a theme telling u what button combo is for what payload

RicardoRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by RicardoRetro,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News