Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Concubus™ The Moody Enby

Antarctica
    Could you add a little more details?
    A9LH or Menuax?
    EmuNAND or sysNAND?

2. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga Time to switch it up

United States
    I'm gonna assume you are using emunand because I have seen the issue before. It will not work from emunand.

You can try installing it to both Sysnand and emunand but I am pretty sure it will still not work. If you are determined to play it then I would advise going the A9LH way.

3. Danni95dg

Danni95dg Member
    Newcomer

Woops, sorry for not having said that. I'm using A9LH with SysNand. In fact, I was using emunand before, but I copied it into SysNAND and erased the EmuNAND partition. I still have Emunand's folder, because I don't actually know which folder should I erase -but I don't think that matches with this issue XD-

Last edited by Danni95dg, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga Time to switch it up

United States
    If you are not worried about a little bit of space then I would t worry about it. But it's typically the larger folder that you would keep as that is the one you have all of your games in.

If anything I would visit the eshop page and click on repair. See if that would have any effect on it working.

5. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    How to perform a system format without loosing my custom firmware?

TinyFormat or just using the system settings?

6. Shadow_man7

Shadow_man7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    You can try this package. It's pre-configured boot for O3DS.Make copy of your 3DS and give it a try. This fixed my black screen problems with playing GBA games.

Last edited by Shadow_man7, Aug 5, 2016
  7. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    You need to get rid of that for stock. Luma patches it on the fly and having pre patched causes issues.

8. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    You won't loose CFW with system format.

9. Kloklopfer

Kloklopfer GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Heyho
    I think this fits better in this thread than in the BootCTR thread. Anyways today i tried to install BootCTR9 on my O3ds. Ive used a chainloader before (bootanim) and there were no problems. But after i replaced all the payload with the BootCTR9 ones i get a Blackscreen everytime i try to start a Ds Cartridge. Ive read in the Luma Troubleshooting Guide that you need a pathchanger because BootCTR uses too much RAM but i cant find the pathchanger anywhere nor which payload i have to modify. Ive made everything like here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...tons-setting-up-bootctr9-boot-manager.419827/ with the newer config and payload files from the BootCTR9 thread.

Last edited by Kloklopfer, Aug 6, 2016
  10. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    The path changer is included with the luma download. You use it on lumas arm9loaderhax.bin
    You can also use this site http://luma3ds.ericchu.net/

Last edited by pbanj, Aug 6, 2016
  11. Rowza245

Rowza245 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey guys,
    I'm having trouble with my N3DS when following plailect's guide to install a9lh. I'm on part 5 (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)) up to section 4 but even after I flash my nand i just get a black screen. All of luma's payloads work though so i can boot into hourglass9 and the like but just not into the system. Following the link to troubleshooting that particular problem on the guide though just puts me onto cleaning the CTRNAND on an O3DS with gateway, so no help there. I originally restored my backup emunand which has been updated to 11.0 but after that failed i tried with a 9.2 sysnand backup that i took but still nothing. I know these nands work, as after i uninstalled a9lh i could boot into them no problem. After uninstaling i downgraded to 2.2 again and installed a9lh from the browser again, just to see if something had gone amiss with the first time with installing it but still had no luck. I tried both the screeninit and no screeninit options for a9lh to see if that would change anything and it didn't so im at a loss of what to do next. Is there something that i'm missing?

12. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    I just wanted to say that I used this for the first few months of using A9LH (which was an upgrade from being a menuhax + rxTools user, ew). I've recently moved to Corbenik for the extra features it gives for power users. But I can say for certain if you aren't a power user, this is probably the best CFW right now. Super simple to use and set up, and it simply works. It's definitely great for those who are just starting out with CFW and don't want to muck about with complicated settings, but still have a few simple options at hand. It loads very quickly and I never had any hiccups while using it.

Just to make sure, what settings do you have enabled in Luma (hold select while booting)

13. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

France
    I have a little problem with NTR (using 3.4 preview 2).
    It worked from a long time, but not anymore (I guess it's because I updated A9LH to V2).

I have:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Little help?

My Setup:
    New3DSXL, Sys 11E, A9LH v2, Luma3DS latest nightly (same problem with latest stable).
    It's strange because it work fine under gateway mode.
    And I don't want to boot it just for ntr (I use the gateway mode just for cheat creation).

14. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

United States
    use the BootNTR here: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases

15. Rowza245

Rowza245 Newbie
    Newcomer

I just selected the ones It told me to but please tell me what to correct if this is wrong :) [​IMG]

Last edited by Rowza245, Aug 6, 2016
  16. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Why are you using the dev branch of Luma? If you're getting black screens with this, I would recommended trying without the "New 3DS CPU:" checked to "Off(x)". Some N3DS don't like it.

17. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    I would try with New 3DS CPU set to off.
    You could also try using the standard version (you are currently using the dev version)

18. Rowza245

Rowza245 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thanks guys! hadn't noticed that i had put the dev version on there but i changed it and now it works for some reason.

19. Kloklopfer

Kloklopfer GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    And to which path do I have to change it? Ive tried it with "/AuReiNand.bin" because i had to rename the original Luma payload to it but I still get a blackscreen :/

20. theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    is there a way to launch .3dsx files instead of a .bin on startup

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, Luma3DS, Custom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.