MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have two black icons on my home menu, I think they were old FBI and HB Launcher... How do I delete them? I can't find any methods online that work. I have nand backups, so i'm willing to try anything, even brick-risking.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two black icons on my home menu, I think they were old FBI and HB Launcher... How do I delete them? I can't find any methods online that work. I have nand backups, so i'm willing to try anything, even brick-risking.

It could be SD apps you installed to NAND by mistake with the old FBI. If so, you would need to look for them in the "red zone" in FBI 2's Title menu. You could go into CTRNAND in Godmode9, look under the "title" folder and see if you have a "00040000" folder. It won't be there by natural causes. Those are apps installed to NAND. I have two of AT's NAND apps there intentionally. Technically it shouldn't brick your SysNAND to delete that folder, since it doesn't contain system files, but have those backups handy.

You could also try putting your working HB and Dev CIAs on the card just to get their IDs from FBI. Then look for IDs in that range that don't match any of them.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll give this a go. And yes, it was cia files I installed to NAND via the old FBI, I remember that much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That didn't work, just make sysNAND unbootable. Restoring now. Thanks anyway though, I'll keep trying other things.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First 2 CIAs installed fine but the 3rd one is just stuck and im sure the console is

So i already installed about 120 CIAs I use FBI's latest version, HOWEVER! There is a single CIA that i installed but i am UNABLE to delete the CIA file. it gives me an error message, something like "interrupted" and it wont delete

haven't tried to remove it from a PC because i'm afraid to try it as it may corrupt the entire SD card if I try to. I only believe this because i had this error happened to me once before and my SD became corrupted and everything would load but as soon as i loaded a game the "power off the system" message would pop up.

That sounds like FAT corruption specifically (unless the read tab got loose and is moving around or is otherwise in an unnatural position). If you're on a Windows PC, put the card in, right click it, Properties, Tools tab, "Check now" button in the little "Error Checking" box. It shouldn't hurt anything just to repair the file system, but backup the "Nintendo 3DS" folder first just in case.

Thanks, I'll give this a go. And yes, it was cia files I installed to NAND via the old FBI, I remember that much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That didn't work, just make sysNAND unbootable. Restoring now. Thanks anyway though, I'll keep trying other things.

It was there? Well, at least you can get the title IDs from GM9. Then try to delete them in DevMenu or FBI 1.4 (you might actually need it in order to undo what it did).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: LegendaryOutcast

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or FBI 1.4 (you might actually need it in order to undo what it did).
Why? The latest FBI source is pretty boss :yay:. Install or delete tickets, import seeds, download and install directly from CDN (as long as you have a valid title key), and no more confusing NAND/SD installation (it automatically goes in the correct spot).

Most black icons I have heard of were because people installed stuff to NAND that was supposed to go to SD.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? The latest FBI source is pretty boss :yay:. Install or delete tickets, import seeds, download and install directly from CDN (as long as you have a valid title key), and no more confusing NAND/SD installation (it automatically goes in the correct spot).

Most black icons I have heard of were because people installed stuff to NAND that was supposed to go to SD.

Yes, but the new FBI displays all titles on one screen (and the NAND entries are at the end of the list). Having the ability to display NAND separately, if you know what you're looking for is in NAND, you will find it faster with the older version. Also, 2.x will crash, just like Data Management, if you have a large number of titles (i.e. hundreds of injected VC titles) installed. 1.4 does not. I only have that issue on one of four units, and 2.x is still fine for things like remote CIA installs with it, but it will crash if I go into Titles.

He's looking to find the titles and delete them quickly, not install stuff. So the automatic selection is irrelevant. Never mind some of us have actually found that's not even true in all cases. Such as ApacheThunder's NAND Dev Tools. DevMenu will install anything to NAND that ends in a 2. FBI 2 apparently decides where things go based on the first 8 of the title ID, and will install them to SD (where they will crash) because they're apps.

The NVRAM installer on the old version's also useful for updating old systems still on 4.5. It's not without uses. I renamed the .cia "FBI Classic" so 2.x wouldn't overwrite it in my collection for many good reasons.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
A

a9lh-1user

I can boot into the recovery mode on an OLD 3DS and the NEW 3DS with the last Luma3DS build.

Reactions: TuxSH

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got no problem booting into recovery mode ( A+R+L+Up(DPad)) with the latest Luma commit.
An error has occured:
Using Safe Mode would brick you, or remove A9LH!
Press any button to shutdown.

I don't even want to update, I want just enter in the Recovery menu, and exit without doing anything.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An error has occured:
Using Safe Mode would brick you, or remove A9LH!
Press any button to shutdown.

I don't even want to update, I want just enter in the Recovery menu, and exit without doing anything.
What's the point? If you're just trying to clear an update nag, you can also take care of that with latest FBI (Pending Titles).

Reactions: RealityNinja

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right, I remember reading about the safe mode protection thing in a recent commit. Good for protecting people from themselves I guess. Nags were only ever a problem for me on GW downgraded systems. Putting both Spotpass settings to "no" kept me free of them on my O3DS XL that started on 4.x and N3DS XLs. Now I DNS block updates until I want to do one.

BTW, I got looking around that site, and, looks like you were also doing rxTools builds at one point, but it looks like it ended in one build. I've been trying to figure out if it's dead or just sleeping for the past month. My searches turn up nothing new. So, maybe you can tell me if it's dead or not.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Right, I remember reading about the safe mode protection thing in a recent commit. Good for protecting people from themselves I guess. Nags were only ever a problem for me on GW downgraded systems. Putting both Spotpass settings to "no" kept me free of them on my O3DS XL that started on 4.x and N3DS XLs. Now I DNS block updates until I want to do one.

BTW, I got looking around that site, and, looks like you were also doing rxTools builds at one point, but it looks like it ended in one build. I've been trying to figure out if it's dead or just sleeping for the past month. My searches turn up nothing new. So, maybe you can tell me if it's dead or not.
New commits patch SAFE_FIRM in order to protect FIRM0/1 overwrite so the blocking isn't necessary anymore.

After roxas left rxTools, it was turned over to the Pasta team, which the last official statement we've had from them was that "Everyone but Alberto Sonic practically quit and he's busy with a lot of IRL stuff." This was over a month ago and we haven't heard anything since.

That being said, @duke_srg is rebooting rxTools, and it looks like he's doing some good work there.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New commits patch SAFE_FIRM in order to protect FIRM0/1 overwrite so the blocking isn't necessary anymore.

After roxas left rxTools, it was turned over to the Pasta team, which the last official statement we've had from them was that "Everyone but Alberto Sonic practically quit and he's busy with a lot of IRL stuff." This was over a month ago and we haven't heard anything since.

That being said, @duke_srg is rebooting rxTools, and it looks like he's doing some good work there.

Yeah, I knew I had seen TuxSH's name somewhere else before, then it hit me when I was looking through the old rxTools Github commits. Explains a lot (no offense, Aurora). Well, if Duke's working on it, I definitely won't count it out yet. Does it have a page?

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I knew I had seen TuxSH's name somewhere else before, then it hit me when I was looking through the old rxTools Github commits. Explains a lot (no offense, Aurora). Well, if Duke's working on it, I definitely won't count it out yet. Does it have a page?
I've just implemented the TWL patches into rxTools. That's where you saw my name.

Last edited by TuxSH,

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yAdQH9D.png

This is the official thread for the Luma3DS "CFW". Please be civil, and read the wiki below before asking questions or contacting me privately. No "CFW wars" allowed on the thread.

Wiki guide, explanation of all options and features: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki
Download: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Thank you for all the hard work! I just finally installed it through A9. It works flawlessly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally