Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aurora Wright, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    @Aurora Wright, do you plan on keeping up with @Reisyukaku's releases?
    I mean, will you do your mod on future releases?

Personally, I prefer reiNAND over rxToolx. I find rxTools so over bloated (again, this is my personal view of rxTools) with a bunch of features I hardly (or never) used.

2. Aurora Wright
    OP

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    All this does is loading the native_firm into RAM, patching it (for signatures, emuNAND and reboots - on O3DS only -), and starting it. If you get problems, maybe they're due to the fact that the 9.6 FIRM is used on O3DS (yeah, that's the latest one Cakes supports as of today). It could be some games require an higher FIRM. If you're talking about GBA VC games, on the O3DS you need to hold A on boot to make them work (this can't be helped, it's either Smash Bros/MH4/etc. or GBA/DS/DSi games for the same boot).
    I haven't encountered that and I don't know why it fails, this just clears the framebuffer and then loads the splash.bin, there are no conditions for it to happen or not. Also, I doubt there's any way to know if firmlaunchhax fails, if the exploit fails the console just freezes and you can't do anything:P
    Yeah, sure.

Last edited by Aurora Wright, Jan 22, 2016
    matpower, klear, kiwiis and 2 others like this.
  3. tanguiz

tanguiz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    France
    How can i have firmware.bin for O3ds 10.4 emunand ?

4. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Read the 1st fricking page of threads.

5. Mr_Q

Mr_Q Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2006
    So can someone give the checksum of the n3ds 10.4 firmware.bin?
    I get a black screen and I'm not sure why.. Someone else had an issue with firmware.bin but I should have the right one (downloaded it today from rei's github page)

I can't get it to work (black screen).. What I did was:
    - Removal all old rei-folders
    - Downloaded the .rar, extracted it to the microsd, renamed rei-n3ds to rei
    - downloaded latest firmware.bin from rei's github page (was updated 4 days ago) and put it into the /rei folder
    - I am using ctrboot which worked fine with the previous version, I can boot to homebrew launcher directly and then start rei, but ends up in the same black.
    - My emunand is at version 10.3 (and I prefer to keep it at that level)

To make sure it's not related to the firmware.bin, I'm looking for an md5/SHA-checksum to verify. Other thing I can think of, is that emunand 10.3 is not compatible with latest rei/firmware.bin ?

Thanks for the support.

6. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Read the first page. This is a mod of reinand and doesn't use the firmware from github. That's a 10.2 firmware. It clearly says what you need on the first page.

7. masterzed

masterzed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    i get freeze whne i upgrade my emunand to 10.4 - Reinand screen freeze by - Reinand press start to boot -
    N3ds - Sysnand fw 9.2

any solution?

8. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    @Aurora Wright Thank you for this mod. I think this is more useful than normal reinand. You updated this mod for reinand v3.2? Because I want use your mod. Thank you:)

9. Mr_Q

Mr_Q Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2006
    That is not very helpfull, like I said, without the checksum I can't verify if I have the correct firmware.bin.

Please provide me the checksum as I asked in my first post.. That would be helpful so I can verify what if I have what is required according to the first page...

The firmware.bin I have has MD5: 7512ABC6BDFDDB2FCF10732888FF81E5 but not sure if that's right... And if it is, then I don't have a clue why I get a black screen...

Last edited by Mr_Q, Jan 23, 2016
  10. CWade3051

CWade3051 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    This is awesome! Thanks! The only issue I seem to have is NTR doesn't work anymore, I'm guessing it's because NTR isn't ready for the 10.4 FW, does anyone know if this is in fact correct and if there is anything we can do?

11. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E. It's the same for both the Old 3DS and the New 3DS Firmware.bin.

Edit: Did you get the Firmware.bin file off that iso site?

12. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Pretty sure that is the md5 of a zero byte file.

13. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    Edit: Nevermind, you're right. Must have been some error with the md5 checker I used. Just tried both of them again and they resulted in different md5 sums, none of which is the one Mr.Q posted.

Last edited by Supster131, Jan 23, 2016
  14. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    @Aurora Wright
    would you be able to put region free patches like what NTR does? i know a lot of people say that running NTR is pretty fast and easy, but in my personal opinion, i really hate having to run it everytime and not to mention there's the inevitable NTR menu that you cannot disable. most of my games require to press the hotkeys and i wouldn't like to be pressing them everytime which pops out the menu during my gameplay. another reason why i use NTR over FMP is that i also use out of region legitimate cartridges.

if you would be able to do that, i will be eternally grateful to you! :D

15. Garcia98

Garcia98 Hey! Listen!

Sep 8, 2015
    Salamanca
    Do you have any plans to port reboot patch to N3DS?

16. vexhash

vexhash GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    Eh, if only we could have CFW as simple as reinand but with included region free patch... I would be so happy.
    Of course there are rxtools and cakesfw, but they have a bunch of useless (for me) functions and thus making me a little uncomfortable to use them.

17. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Toobad this does not work with v9.2 downgraded it from v 10.3 the other day
    O3DS

18. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    yeah it does. you're doing things wrong.

N3XU5 likes this.
  19. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Is there a specific reason here? As far as I'm aware, the reboot patch is mainly for the o3ds.. Unless system settings. Oo

20. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Ooh will try it!!

Thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.