Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting pretty aggravated every time I run the SafeA9LHInstaller all I get is a black screen i've triple checked I have all the files I need

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
Second time just let me put everything over again if I still can't get it to install ill post my folder paths.

Why would you install all files again? What purpose?, your OTP it's already installed, unless you want to change from screen_init to no screen_init or vice versa, but in that case install the respective payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 and that's it.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you install all files again? What purpose?, your OTP it's already installed, unless you want to change from screen_init to no screen_init or vice versa, but in that case install the respective payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 and that's it.
I flashed back my original Nand through hard mod and I changed my mind i'm not completely clueless.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now i'm just double checking I've just read this in part 5 section 1
  1. Copy firmware.bin from the AuReiNand NTR Firmware zip to the /aurei/ folder on your SD card
I can only assume they mean the folder called Firmware_NTR_n3DS right? This folder does contain a firmware.bin

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you want to use NTR. Do you want to use NTR ?
No but that's far from the problem I can't even get the installer to run and yes i'm running MiniPasta first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There we go after 13 tries it showed up

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
No but that's far from the problem I can't even get the installer to run and yes i'm running MiniPasta first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There we go after 13 tries it showed up
I was almost ninj'ed, I was going to say that I had to try to launch this 4 times before getting a menu, in all tries I've got stuck on black screen instead of being stuck at "Exploiting ARM9". Some exploits used on homebrew from this guide actually have a low success rate.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm anyone else been getting an update notification fro the n3ds?, notice it yesterday decide to update today but after the update i check the system version and it was still 10.7.0-32E the same before the update!!?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have a solid black tile which is unnamed which has appear since u updated from AuReiNAND v3.7 to v4.2 and i dont have a clue what it is....that might be the cause but after the system update its still there!.

So me updating again wouldn't have caused any harm then?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well i have a solid black tile which is unnamed which has appear since u updated from AuReiNAND v3.7 to v4.2 and i dont have a clue what it is....that might be the cause but after the system update its still there!.

So me updating again wouldn't have caused any harm then?
You could try.

The black title means you installed something you shouldn't have (GBA game, etc.) to your NAND.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try.

The black title means you installed something you shouldn't have (GBA game, etc.) to your NAND.

Yeah i updated but its still there, ive tried renaming the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder on the SD card so on the next boot the 3ds would create a new one thus removing all titles from the home menu bar the default tiles, but the solid black tile is still present, so its not SD card related. Its been suggested to try and use FBI to identify the rouge tile but theres sooo many titles in the title list in FBI it doesnt make it easy figuring out what it is.

The only major thing that i can think that changed form AuRieNAND v3.7 to v4.2 was the region free feature, so it could be tied to that but im at a loss

Last edited by lettuce,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i updated but its still there, ive tried renaming the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder on the SD card on the next boot the 3ds would create a new one thus removing all titles from the home menu bar the default tiles, but its still present, so its not SD card related. Its been suggested to try and use FBI to identify the rouge tile but theres sooo many titles in the title list in FBI it doesnt make it easy figuring out what it is.

The only major thing that i can think that changed form AuRieNAND v3.7 to v4.2 was the region free feature, so it could be tied to that but im at a loss
The fact that it's still there when you rename Nintendo 3ds PROVES that it's because you installed something to your NAND that you shouldn't have, otherwise it would've disappeared :P

The region free feature "reveals" titles that shouldn't be installed to NAND.

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that it's still there when you rename Nintendo 3ds PROVES that it's because you installed something to your NAND that you shouldn't have, otherwise it would've disappeared :P

The region free feature "reveals" titles that shouldn't be installed to NAND.
Would tinyformat work for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands